Old Jeeps are better!!

i voted not to cause of the money you'd save, though i dont know what it is you drive right now, so my answer could possibly be different if you shared with us....

bchcky said:
i voted not to cause of the money you'd save, though i dont know what it is you drive right now, so my answer could possibly be different if you shared with us....

92 XJ........ pretty decent rig, those old ones just do something for me!

Here is the link though...... so you can see my dilema, this thing is $350 well spent http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/51889465.html

It could be a drive but would solely be a project for me.

RE: Re: RE: Old Jeeps are better!!

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
now that I have seen it...I would buy it!

I know, it is impossible to resist!!!!!! :twisted:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Old Jeeps are better!!

I can't see the image but that's an awesome deal even for a frame or body. Go for it! You'll find money somewhere somehow in the long run.

I looked at the pic before I voted (Buy it NOW!!). For $350, how can you lose?!?! Personally, I'm waiting to spend my retirement money rehabbing an old Willys Pick-up - they just do something for me!

But, hey!, old Jeeps aren't "better"....just older (like me). They're still Jeeps and that's all that matters to me (not too sure about the Libertys, though - why did they ever do away with the XJ's????)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Old Jeeps are better!!

mud4feet said:
I looked at the pic before I voted (Buy it NOW!!). For $350, how can you lose?!?! Personally, I'm waiting to spend my retirement money rehabbing an old Willys Pick-up - they just do something for me!

But, hey!, old Jeeps aren't "better"....just older (like me). They're still Jeeps and that's all that matters to me (not too sure about the Libertys, though - why did they ever do away with the XJ's????)

I couldn't agree more about the Liberty...... it even sounds wimpy!
I am waiting for this guy to call me about the old chief, biting my nails hoping he still has it and it is what the picture shows!!

Why would they do away with the XJ's?
I have a minimum of 38 years to retirement......... that makes my 92XJ a classic at that point! :cry:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Old Jeeps are better!!

I voted not to, but then I looked at the picture and changed my mind. Go for it, whats the worst that'll happen, if you decide you dont want it, you can sell it for 500 and make a profit.

Buy it !!!!!
And if it is a 4 speed/ V8 run to the guys house now and get it !!!!!
Do it now!!!! Quit reading this and GO!!!!!!!!

If I had the cash money, I would buy it... There's a Grand Wagoneer that is staring at me from a parking lot in Royal Oak for sale, that's all I know about it, don't even know how much it is, but I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the cash, just to have another Jeep around...

But that's just me.

RE: no park lights/dash lights

It's probably got alot of rust, but buy it anyway! $350 could be easily made back if you decide later you don't want it.

RE: Clutch or Transmission?

And it runs? Buy it. Like the others, I voted "No" before I saw the pic.

GET IT! NOW!

A Chief is a good find, and that is an awesome price. 99% gauranteed to be a 360 cube AMC V8, TH400, and Quadratrac. It has widetrack D44 axles. They have the big rear wheel openings too, so you can fit some decent tires under them. They make GREAT mud running rigs. Slap a 4" suspension and 3" BL under it, after some minor trimming you can throw some 36s on it and go have fun.

Yea Yea I voted dont buy it too. But it looks like its in good condition so I would have to say buy it.

Back