oil

Kinda your personal preference. Cold climate - 5w.......warm climate - 10w. But neither would hurt as long as you keep it changed regularly.

If it's still under warranty, I believe you have to use 5-w in it to keep from voiding the warranty, the owners manual and the oil cap should tell you which to use. If no warranty, pretty much like Mud said, just personal preference. I try to change mine every 2500 miles, but if you don't do a lot of hard driving (off-roading) you can get by with every 5,000 miles. The most important thing you can ever do for your engine is to regularly change the oil.......especially when you consider that there is only a few thousandths (if that much) of an inch of oil keeping the metal from rubbing on metal.....words my daddy taught me at a very young age to live by.

Re: death wobble woes...

88Wrangles said:
If the climate where you live is nothing real extreme or anything, I'd just use 10w30.
agreed.

RE: Re: RE: I

Sparky-Watts said:
.............The most important thing you can ever do for your engine is to regularly change the oil.......especially when you consider that there is only a few thousandths (if that much) of an inch of oil keeping the metal from rubbing on metal.....words my daddy taught me at a very young age to live by.

Your daddy was a wise man, Sparky. And the acorn don't fall far from the tree!!

Here in California I use 10w-40. The warmer the climate, the thicker the oil you can use...especially if it has high mileage.

Back