Oh My!

Tug-n-pull

alrighty

Pic found on my Comcast page today! That is going to leave a mark!
image-missing.png

Yeah I was shocked to see a Jeep on Comcasts home page. Made me smile cause it gives everyone an insight to the world so few of us enjoy. Many will look at that picture and say "Why would anyone do that to/with a vehicle?" Well, they just dont understand.

I am not real sure as to where the driver is! However if I were the driver I would be reaching and grabbing anything I could get a hold of to prevent me from being on the ground befor the jeep was!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tug

I would reach for the passenger bar since he doesnt have a full roll cage.So that you would be as low as posible,because that windshield sure as heck isnt going to hold the pressure of that jeep upside down!

Every year during the Easter Safari and Labor Day weekend people gather at the worlds most beautiful dump ( just down the road a bit) and watch people do potato salad hill. This is not a trail but a single obstacle
(Potato salad hill and the Lions Back).

Every year there is several roll overs and multible broken axles and other drive train parts. Potato salad hill is a series of steep shelves with loose gravle to make a Uroc Jeep cry mercy. Once you start spinning tires here you tend to side step your Jeep and get turned to a slight angle. Keep it up and...well that pic describes what happens. Locals and visitors come to see just this.

something that has been mentioned is that he has colis, hydrolic (sp) steering and what looks to be d60 axles.... but the funny thing is NO CAGE other than the factory bar..... :roll:

i guess he just had a little too much confidence in his parts

Why have hydraulic steering and not have it parallel the tierod? Why spend the time and money on axles and suspension and not install a full cage? :roll:

If you look at the shadow, looks like the driver is hunkered down givin the passenger seat cushion some lovin, I know I would be.

Seems to me that the coil sprung jeeps tend to rollover and play dead much more than leaf sprung rigs, even on the local trails around here. Even one TJ in particular that has full width D60's underneath, he's rolled the most seperate occasions, and he has a real wide stance. Can't be completely the fact that he tries harder lines or has less driver's skill :p

well.. one thing with the hydraulic steering and the non-parallel tracbar, he is gonna have a completely different problem than we would.... with our steering, if they are not parallel, and we hit a bump, the geometry will force the pitman over and make us steer... but with the hydraulic steering, there is no give in the steering system, the hydraulic ram will keep the steering constant, so there will be no bumpsteer... BUT... it will limit his flex in the front... if the ram and the tracbar are not parallel, then it will form a virtual triangle out of the front end and will not allow it to flex much at all... and... since the draglink is replaced with a ram, which is variable in length, the relativity of the ram/tracbar angle will be constantly changing while steering, where as with a pitman/draglink setup, it would be constant.... i'm thinking that since the hydraulic ram would be self stabilized by the properties of the system, and it is fixed to the frame on a solid point, rather than a pivoting point, it could serve the purpose of the tracbar itself... and might be beneficial to remove the tracbar, which i see he has replaced with an adjustable, and may have it open for free movement while offroad

Back