Now for the big question!!!

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper

I finally sold my bike today! Now I have to make-up my mind on which direction to go here.....my thoughts ever since I have been trying to sell the bike was to take the 97 4-banger TJ that I have and go up. 6+" of lift with 35's and 4.88's. But here lately the idea of a CJ with a V8 has been dancing through my head. I have $5K to work with...plenty to fix the TJ...but to buy a good CJ.....not much left for fix'n.......

Any thoughts on this matter..........

Anyone know of a good CJ...perfer 7....for sale?

I live in Arkansas

$5000 will get you a decent CJ if you hold out a little while. CJs are a love it or hate it kind of thing. Find one of those guys that hate theirs and the deals get pretty sweet. I've found really good deals just driving around neighborhoods and asking about any CJs that look like they don't get driven much.

a few questions about wheels and tires

6 inch list and 35's might be a bit much if that 4cyl TJ is your daily driver. That's alot to ask of your stock drivetrain, even if you do the gearing.

Tell ya what, split that $5k with me, and we can both lift our YJ's!!

I got my CJ7 for 3500 and it was in near perfect condition............. and i have an uncle who has been in Jeeps all his life and i dont want to offend anyone with this comment but he gave me some advice when i went to buy mine........... he told me dont pay more than 4000 for a CJ7 and only pay 4000 if it is in absolute perfect condition............. he is in his mid 50's and he has had a Jeep ever since he was a teenager.......... smart guy to talk to about Jeeps............ he got his CJ7 Golden Eagle edition in mint condition absolutely perfect for 4000............ so find a CJ7 and use the extra money to build it perfect....

FiC

TwistedCopper said:
6 inch list and 35's might be a bit much if that 4cyl TJ is your daily driver. That's alot to ask of your stock drivetrain, even if you do the gearing.
I agree! So I think You should invest the money into my Jeep!

BOY! Get a little money in your pocket and they come out of the woodwork!!!!! Didn't realize I had so many friends!! LOL
Giving up on the TJ--leaving it stock. Looking for a CJ. Found a CJ5 in very good condition for $5K. But would really like a CJ7.

Preparing for an end of July trip...

Get the CJ7 and you will keep more money in your pocket and get round head lights too!

....mind still kicking idea's around...........

Has anyone put a V8 into a TJ? without a small fortune that is...... can't really find alot of info in the WWW about it.....

Back