Nothing to do with anything..... but..

jeepin916

GEARING GEARING AND MORE GEARING

does anyone know anything about Monte Carlos? i bought an 85 monte SS and its got the krapy 200 r4 trans in it and i want to put in a 350 trans with a 350 engine, doesn anyone if the 350 will mount to the cross member correctly? i know i have to shorten the drive shaft but thats not a problem...h

I extremely gealous!! i've always wanted an 85 super sport Monte Carlo with a 350. I love them so much!!!! Got any pictures?

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question

The crappy 200R4? There are quite a few Grand National and T Type Regal owners out there that would disagree.
The 200R4 can be built into a monster. It has overdrive so you can run a lower rear gear, and the ratio change between first and second is less dramatic than a 700R4, so less rpm drop happens between the 1-2 shift.

The TH350 would be a simple swap, that transmission was available in earlier G-body cars so it could be done with junkyard parts. I'm pretty sure the crossmember is different, but I don't know for sure.

http://www.ptsnctb.com/index.asp

the stock HO 305 is in it now, i dont have any pictures and i dont know how to post them on this board anyway, its too confusing for me to even try to understand, hehehehe i can understand bBeemer electronics but i cant get a picture on a web site hehehehe but any way i was told that its a pretty easy swap from a friend who did it but i know that the cross members were changed a few times and it may or may not fit. but i guess ill find out this weekend after i pull the motor and trans....

Back