Not a Ride I'd want to take again...

GreenReaper93

Tonight was my first roll over in my Jeep. Needless to say, I don't want to do that again. I was going up to see my wife at the shop. There was a stretch of road that is always icy... I knew this section from pulling a couple of cars out earlier this month.... so I decided to slow down. I hit a blanket of ice and started to slide into the other lane. I tried to re-correct and hit the HIGH snow bank on my side of the lane, causing a my nasty tumble. I walked away, and after an hour or so with a Hi-Lift jack and a couple of friends Reaper is on all fours again.

I'll more than likely be asking a load of questions for the next couple of weeks due to repairs that will need to be made (minor as they may be). I know there was a thread on here just below this on that talks about a young girl being lost in a tragic accident. I want to stress to all that the little strap that holds our fragile bodies in our beloved Jeeps are there for a dang good reason, and PLEASE! PLEASE! use them whenever possible. Some get lucky and some don't. 50/50 odds aren't cool. Thanks guys and gals.

yeah... i talked to you earlier on aim.... again... glad to know you are ok

CJ Rear Hub/Bearing Question

I sure am sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're OK and just minor damage to the Jeep. All this ice has been a real treat hasn't it?

I hear ya about the seatbelts. I wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for my seatbelt....got sideswiped on the highway and hit a street light pole head on at 80mph. Good thing I had a large car (1980 Dodge Diplomat) and a strong seatbelt. Good luck on the repairs.

Good to hear that you are physically okay. This kinds of accidents serve to warn the rest of us to wear our seatbelt. Our Jeeps are great, but with the softtops and even the hardtops, we are at risk of greater injusry in accidents. Anyway, good to know that you are good, and I'm sure we will be able to give you our 2 cents on any repairs needed.-al

2 wheel low

Glad your alright. Never fun to roll over.( ok after it's all over it kind of is. :wink: ) I have done it in the back of a VW Sciraco three time down a cliff. I have just a lap belt in my old CJ but I wear it anyways. I DO NOT want to test it though. One of my future mods is some retractable 3 points.

Hope the fix goes quickly and nothing starts hurting ya.

I remember my first roll. It was an icey morning and I as an idiot and didnt put it in 4wd. I lost control and hit a huge bank and rolled. I walked away after having my maglight barely miss my head as it flew around in the back. After AAA came and flipped me back over I drove the jeep home and all that I had to do to fix it was replace the drivers side door and mirror and change out my spark plugs. I know that if it wasnt for my seat belt I could have been seriously injured or died. Its great to hear that you're alright and keep jeepin.

Now this is a big jeep

So glad to hear you alright. Amlost had my own roll over in the cherokee a few weeks ago on the highway, again that damn ice got me. but by the grace of god i didnt hit anything/anybody and calmed myself and drove safely home. To everone drive safe and take care.

Back