Not a real Jeep?

Saurian

OK, so I have this twisted friend of an ex-family member, who says that Wranglers are the only real Jeeps... An exerpt: I took my Jeep in for it's first maintenance last night, I make note of this because, to work today I needed a car, so I had to drive a Cherokee (oy) all day and realized something.
Upon driving one I have decided I like nothing about them, I now see the Cherokee as the inbred, half-witted, moron cousin of the wrangler, a yuppied up POS. Thought they were nice until I got a real Jeep :)

So, what do you all think? I'm perfectly happy with my fake Cherokee, and think that it can kill off-road, anyone else? Just food for thought.

DITTO I love my cherokee altho my heart belongs in a wrangler, still in the same they are BOTH jeeps no matter what. :wink:

i guarantee my Cherokee could hang with his wrangler........

FIC

then you have the retards that say "the only real jeeps have round headlights"..........ladies and gentelmen allow me to introduce the jeep liberty.

now get your foot out of your mouth :wink:

The Cherokee? Nah.....*shrug* I consider the Eagle the half witted moron cousin of a Wrangler, however I would still love to get my hands on one sneak into the garage out of sight and chop it up, then take it out to the middle of the desert and beat the hell out of it.... just like all my half witted moron cousins

yeah thats the truth, I recieved endless Jeep waves while I putted down the road in my crapped out, bent frame, beat up, non-idleing, topless, gaugeless, turn signal less, no 5th gear havin, turn the wheel to the left so the ignition will lock up, rattle bucket CJ5 that needed a spotter and a tow rope to clear a moderately sized speed bump. But now that I've got the TJ I don't get squat. But I'm not bitter.... :wink:

Several years ago I went places with a 2WD Mitsubishi pickup where a stock YJ with the 4cyl would not go. A "real Jeep" is a modified vehicle which is designed for trail/offroad use. It doen't matter what the nameplate on the side says. Stock Jeeps really aren't not designed for serious offroading. With the exception of the Rubicon ofcourse.

the rubicon is not WAY more capable than a stock wranger... basically locked and geared... and.. if the same driver was driving a 2wd pickup and a stock wrangler, the wrangler would whoop ass every time

i think a lot of you smoke too much pot... for one, and I know from experience... an xj/zj will out flex any yj, the tj's have coils... don't be bitter leaf spring guys and girls. The bottom line is, any Jeep (yes even the IFS Liberty) can be built up to smoke any trail. It's all about what you're willing to sacrafice and spend. There are so many different aspects to look at, that it's not possible to compare different makes of Jeeps. However, the best stock Jeep thus far is obviously the Rubi. Coils at all four corners, selectable lockers front and rear..and the stock 31" MTR's don't hurt at all either. However, I could build my square headlighted Yuppie Jeep with coils and lockers at half the cost of a new Rubi. No one is right or wrong in this debate, it's personal opinion. I'm just laying down some facts.

I have the gran cherokee, and i'll tel ya, it'll keep up with the wrangler any day. they're equally as capable, just some have more creature comforts... and a longger wheelbase has its advantages too.

cant we all just get along...In my family we are all excepting. We have had YJ, TJ, XJ, and ZJs all living together in perfect harmony.

THIS JUST IN

Chevy bought out Saab, from now on, anything that is made by Saab is not a real Saab!

SHEEEESH

What A tool

I hate to harp on this....

good, saabs suck anyways, i got a buddy that just paid seven hundred and some change for a fuel pump.

Jeeps are Jeeps are Jeeps, no way around it. People like different things. Some like the bumpy ride of a wrangler over the somewhat smoother ride of a cherokee or grand cherokee. So let it rest. Oh, and square lights are the best!

Chev has ownes saab for a while now. Just like ford ownes Volvo, Jaguar (thats why the actually almost work now), and I think land rover (not sure it may be GM that owns land rover) Mercedes owns chrysler therby owning Jeep.

MerkL said:
Jeeps are Jeeps are Jeeps, no way around it. People like different things. Some like the bumpy ride of a wrangler over the somewhat smoother ride of a cherokee or grand cherokee. So let it rest. Oh, and square lights are the best!

Yep!!! :lol:

Back