None of you have front lockers??

Not true! I have a Power-lok limited slip in my D30. I stink either will perform well. Are you planning to install it yourself or have a shop do it?

[addsig]

For a CJ, weld the front diff for a Lincoln Locker
image-missing.png
Then you know it's locked, and have the ultimate in traction. Unlock both hubs onroad and it's as good as stock.

For a YJ (like me), weld the front diff for a Lincoln Locker
image-missing.png
Also works for XJ's with front axle disconnect. TJ's and newer XJ's are SOL
image-missing.png
Then install a manual vacuum switch from a full-size Cherokee that was equipped with Quadratrac full-time 4wd. Install this switch inline with the two vacuum lines going to the front axle disconnect. The you can manually disconnect the pass. side front axle on the trail while remaining in the Jeep and in 4wd, 3wd makes those tight turns a LOT easier. On the road in 2wd the driver's side front axle always drives the front driveshaft, but that is fine, same as any other locker.

Enjoy, I have for quite some time now. Front and Rear Lincoln Lockers here
image-missing.png
[addsig]

JPRTROY I do all of my own work. It is just too expensive to farm things out unless its something I dont have the proper tools for or idea about (like setting up ring and pinions, Thats why i am looking at these easy install lockers). Plus this is a LOW buck truck and i have to give it that old college try. its bad enough that i had to buy a lift kit just to fit in a transmission that i got for free (rebuilt TF727).

Your tag says powerlock limited slip. I was under the impression it was a full locker, not a LS unit, I may be wrong.

QUINNERS I am jealous. If i could sell some of my inventory (listed below) I just might be able to get ARB's.[addsig]

The Power-lok is a limited slip. It locks up pretty tight though when asked to. Not sure

at the transfer rate is % wise, but I've had both front wheels spinnin!

Installation of the "ez lockers" style of lockers is really easy. Basically remove the spider gears inside the diff, and install the new locker guts! Button it up call it gud! (course the axle shafts have to come out a bit)

Good luck with your choice. [addsig]

BOUNTY HUNTER I have thought about it...but it just seems too permanent. I know if i hate it and eventually get an ARB ( I know,..... Im dreaming) that it comes with a new carrier, but.....I dunno, it just scares me!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

JPRTROY how long has it been in your rig? Have you dealt with the other strength issues of the D 30?[addsig]

ABR air front and rear. The only way to be locked and loaded.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back