No pro-hockey for a while...

I thought this thread was about pro HOCKEY!!! I guess it's time for a call to Homeland Security....we've been HIJACKED!!!! :lol: :lol:

Airconditioner bearings gone

mud4feet said:
I thought this thread was about pro HOCKEY!!! I guess it's time for a call to Homeland Security....we've been HIJACKED!!!! :lol: :lol:

I mentioned hockey 4 times in my last post.

Let me start by saying, HOCKEY. Like I said, it's not my fight. We don't have to really worry about unions down here. I'm not saying that good things have never come from an organized union, I'm just against the root principal behind them. The employees have no right to dictate wages, benefits, or scheduling. The employer offers a certain wage/benefit package for a certain job......if it's not enough, that job must not be for you. Like I said though, I DO recognize that unions have a history of being just as beneficial as they are corrupt. I would like to close by once again stating my original position of HOCKEY.

Junkpile said:
Let me start by saying, HOCKEY. Like I said, it's not my fight. We don't have to really worry about unions down here. I'm not saying that good things have never come from an organized union, I'm just against the root principal behind them. The employees have no right to dictate wages, benefits, or scheduling. The employer offers a certain wage/benefit package for a certain job......if it's not enough, that job must not be for you. Like I said though, I DO recognize that unions have a history of being just as beneficial as they are corrupt. I would like to close by once again stating my original position of HOCKEY.

Hockey

Well the idea is that no one dictates, but a contract is agreed upon. I understand your point though. There has been alot of curruption, but that does not mean they all are corrupt. Same can be said for business.

Hockey

UNIONS
I'm particularly upset about the fact that the lockout is underway.
UNIONS
Because my Sharks have a really strong team and a great chance to get it going on this year. They beat the Av's, no small task, and another year of experience only helps.
UNIONS
I just absolutely despise the AV's, after having lived there for 4 years, they are the most ignorant group of fans in all the NHL.
UNIONS

Come on man stick to the topic......we're talking about HOCKEY here, not unions.

Way to hijack a thread, Mingez :roll:

Hey Mingez, here's a tissue for ya. Geez it's not like we're losing synchronized swimming or anything - it's only hockey :roll:

Seriously though, although I'm not really a hockey fan, I know how you feel. It bites when one of your favorite sports just stops!

Thanks buddy, I'll take that tissue... any idea where I could put it? JK .:lol:

It does suck. Why couldn't it be baseball instead?! Aside from helping me with my insomnia, I don't need that sport.

Mud, the Redwings are the OTHER team I cheer for. Pretty much do to the fact that Av's fans hate them so much. It's great to see those Denverites just lose there mind upon losing to them. It's great, and I revel in their misery.

mingez said:
I just absolutely despise the AV's, after having lived there for 4 years, they are the most ignorant group of fans in all the NHL.
mingez! don't hate the player! hate the game! sorry i had to say that. but really, the way that franchise is run is admirable. the thing about the fans is they honestly dont know any better, they've never suffered through a losing season, they've never had to start playing golf early while everyone else started the playoffs, yes they were the quebec nordiques before, but as far as denver is concerned, they're a new team. your hatred is fine, i'm not trying to sway you, i have the most respect for loyal fans, but dont hate them for the wrong reasons. i for example, as a red sox fan, know what suffering is about. and up until 2001, i felt the same way as a pats and bc hockey fan (they won the national title in 2001). and suffering before just makes that win oh soooo sweet.......go sox

bchcky said:
mingez! don't hate the player! hate the game! sorry i had to say that.

Hey man, I'm not hatin' , because last I checked, the Sharks knocked the Av's out of the playoffs! :wink: :lol:

While it's true I hate the team, it's the fans I really hate...in Denver. The ignorance...it's amazing. When I lived there after the Av's were knocked out of the playoffs, the ratings for Stanley cup games drop to like zero. They aren't hockey fans, they're Av's fans... as opposed to true followers of the sport like you.

And I was there when the Devils lost to the Av's in the finals, a mob started assaulting a family of Devil fans with 2 kids in a minivan. It was funny because the father dropped 4 guys in Av's jerseys. I was impressed, but most Denverians are soft. :D

When I lived there after the Av's were knocked out of the playoffs, the ratings for Stanley cup games drop to like zero. They aren't hockey fans, they're Av's fans

Funny how that works, isn't it? When the Wings got bumped last season, the muds enjoyed watchin' the underdog Flames make their run - real spunk in that team. And watchin' the Lightning (Hockey in Florida??) get their first Cup was exciting.

mud4feet said:
Funny how that works, isn't it? When the Wings got bumped last season, the muds enjoyed watchin' the underdog Flames make their run - real spunk in that team. And watchin' the Lightning (Hockey in Florida??) get their first Cup was exciting.
yeah, were there two more exciting players in the playoffs last season than iginla and st. louis? incredible. i was pulling for calgary though.

mingez said:
And I was there when the Devils lost to the Av's in the finals, a mob started assaulting a family of Devil fans with 2 kids in a minivan. It was funny because the father dropped 4 guys in Av's jerseys. I was impressed, but most Denverians are soft. :D
that was amazing though, i grew up in new england, and live in boston, when i saw ray bourque lift that cup over his head, i had tears in my eyes, nobody deserved that more. thats why i pulled for them that season, they had one mission, let ray lift that cup and kiss it.

that was amazing though, i grew up in new england, and live in boston, when i saw ray bourque lift that cup over his head, i had tears in my eyes, nobody deserved that more. thats why i pulled for them that season, they had one mission, let ray lift that cup and kiss it.

<sniff sniff> Golly gee guys. You're making me all watery-eyed and woozy and stuff. Quit it!!

Quite the discussion we have going here. I will say, for all the ignorance Denver fans may have, my love for that area more than makes up for it. Followed only by, oh, SoCal and maybe the Pacific Northwest. So what am I doing here it Atlanta? Heck if I know.

Since San Diego doesn't have a hockey team (don't say that too loud, Gary Bettman might hear you and try to start one up tomorrow) I root for the Av's if its another team I don't care about. Mingez, you'd be proud of me...I'd typically pull for the sharks though when it was between Denver and San Jose. :) My other favorites in no particular order: Phoenix, N.J., Calgary, Atlanta (of course).

Phoenix became my favorite when I was banking on Langkow to become a bigger star. He surprisingly got traded to Calgary last month...2 days after Phoenix resigned him. So what's that like, I wonder? You're sitting there with your wife and kids thinking you have another year in Phoenix, about the send the kids off to another year of school when the team owner busts in and says to you: "pack your bags, b*tch...you're going to Calgary" then leaves. The kids start crying and the wife is wishing she hadn't just bought that new handcrafted, 20-foot sundial for the backyard.

Soooo maybe I over-dramatized it a bit but it does seem kind of odd and awkwardly unstable, in a way.

I met him when they retired his jersey. I was in the audience when he came down the steps, totally random. And he stopped cause I was with my cousin (young kid) to say hi. What a guy!! The game sucked though, Edmonton got worked.

I was happy he got his cup, but it should have been in Boston. Imagine if that happened? DAMN!

Mingez, you'd be proud of me...I'd typically pull for the sharks though when it was between Denver and San Jose.

Very proud, you're a good man.

mingez said:
I met him when they retired his jersey. I was in the audience when he came down the steps, totally random. And he stopped cause I was with my cousin (young kid) to say hi. What a guy!! The game sucked though, Edmonton got worked.

I was happy he got his cup, but it should have been in Boston. Imagine if that happened? DAMN!
i played hockey in new england growing up, i was on a split season team for midgets in high school once and we had a game down in mass, well the game on the ice before us had ray's son playing. and it just so happened that as we came out of the locker room ray bourque was standing right outside our door, he patted every one of us on the arse and said go get em and good luck. quite a guy.

Back