No Jeep yet!! but

Tug-n-pull

Serious for a Change - Jobs

Well the old GMC is on its last legs and the hope of a next Jeep is getting closer. The final straw as to knowing what the next jeep will be like came when we had to buy a new ride this week!!!! Ford Explorer! Nice dark Red 4x4 family ride with a V8 and tow package and all the bells and whistles. so my Next Jeep will now be for the most part all for fun and off roading! Not to be used as a daily driver as I am not home much anyway! Looking for a rough ol yj to build up on my days home off the road. The company I work for is also a metal fab operation and can do anything with metal. working for a boss willing to fab up some goodies is a real plus. So I am looking toward spring for the project to start. There has to be a good ol YJ tub setting around here some place just waiting to be reborn via a sawsall and some rattlecans of camo paint. I have the 350 out of the ol surburban for a good start and look forward to maken it all happen. Playing Dr. Jeepinstine in my mind is sure fun. hehehe tug

Re: Serious for a Change - Jobs

Good for you Tug!! Nice to hear you will actually have a jeep again.

Hi Tug!

I hope you find a project Jeep soon.

I enjoyed reading the mod progress of your prior Jeeps, and I am looking forward to future episodes.

Regards,

Gadget

Cherokee cold starting questions.

That is good to hear Tug. I myself have been considering the purchase of a new Jeep (new for me at least)

RE: Stepping Down

sounds like you've got some ideas in the ol' head there... i hope it works out... lookin forward to seeing some new progress.. and seeing some creative fabs

Tug, the new ride sounds great! You have admirable plans for an older Jeep too, I know you give the older ones much love! I hope it all works out for you!

LJF

RE: Where

I just found out my mom went with the PT Cruiser instead of the Liberty I had picked out for her. Well I guess its still in the jeep/dodge/chrysler family. :roll:

RE: Best price for 1983 CJ7

I said "Mom! Get a Jeep... You've always wanted one..."

She got the Sebring LXi Convertible...

Oh well, it's a really nice car...

I find nothing wrong with the Long Wheel Base Jeeps but they are not for me! I love a ford and the New V8 Explorer just filled the bill as to what I needed and wanted at the same time. It is a quick and responsive ride and has good road manners with the added 4x4 when the road conditions get a little less than ideal. It will not see a lift or big ol meats under it and the trails will just have to wait for my next Jeep. tug

RE: tom woods high angle joint

I had a newer explorer as a rental once. It was a sweet ride and had alot more room than the Cherokee (and a 3rd seat!).

Can't wait to see what kind of Jeep you come up with when you find one and watch another build. you come up with some good names too

Sounds like a plan! Your going to have lots of fun with this one and hey you never know, maybe you will end up with your old girl jeezabell! Hey you never know.

Back