Newbie from Central PA

z_trbl_mkr

Hey all,

I'm a newbie into the Jeep world but not into the auto world. Found this forum and felt it might come in handy with learning some stuff about Jeeps.

Anyhow, I am currently looking into purchasing a 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE, she's got around 117k on her and looks to be in pretty good condition to me. Has a spot of rust on her passenger side fender but that's no biggie to me. One day at the shop and that's fixed.

Go to take her for a test drive and hear her run this afternoon. Really looking forward to have a Wrangler and 4WD.

Right now I currently have a 1990 Nissan 300zx (RWD) and a 1996 Toyota Celica show car (that I'm selling so I can get the Wrangler, and put some $$ away for a house).

Anyhow like I said, look forward to learning some more about Wrangler's and chatting with you all :D

Lets see some pic's when you get a chance.As far as the rust on the fender.If it is on the top near the hood latches,it is common problem.That is where the water rolls off the hood and just puddles there if you are parked on a level surface.As you said it is an easy fix.

Welcome to Jeepz !

So after seeing the Jeep I ended up buying it. :punk: I can't wait to get started tinkering with it. :D

Anyhow here are some pictures of the Wrangler

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Interior
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Small quarter size rust spot i need to repair
image-missing.png

Looks to be in good shape.If I can suggest something.Get rid of that ,what looks like a 3" body lift.More for safety reason.That big of a body lift puts a lot of stress on the bolts and if you are ever in an accident there is a possibility of the bolts snapping and sending the body of the jeep for it on little ride.

congrats and welcome to the jeep community. looks like the only thing the jeep is missing is a jeepz.com sticker! Good thing about that color interior is that even when its dirty, it looks clean. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Welcome Christina!! nice to have another jeepchick around. I look forward to talking with you on the forum.

Lisa

Back