New Rockers

avyoung

Well I built some new rockers. Just got them installed today. They are a little small. I have a lip on the front fender and could not figure out how I was going to install them over that so I just bought 3' piece of angle Iron. They happend to have some at the local hardware store so I got 3" instead of 4". Oh well I will make some new ones when I get better at welding. I picked up a Lincoln Electric 100HD wirefeed that can be converted to MIG. It worked great. It just took a little learning. By the way Thanks Sully for the Idea I made mine similar to yours.

I would post a picture but I have spent the last half hour trying to get it to work and gave up.
image-missing.png

Hazard lights - relay?

so its a flux core welder? Home depot sell 4 inch iron for brick work. Cheap , usually 20.00 for a 10' piece.
100 amps is not alot for 1/4 steel, but if it works good luck....

When I went to Home Depo they only had 2" up to 4 feet. I could not find anything else but Sutherlands had this. I got my welder at Home Depo. It is a flux core. The conversion to Mig is $100 more so I might get that later. You can't weld as thick of metal with the MIG according to the chart that came with the welder.

When I win the lotrory I may have enough money to buy the mig conversion but for now I am pretty happy with it. I also do not have anything to compare it to. I would love to post pictures but I read through XJNICK'S wackthrough on how to post pictures and it did not work. So after I do my Homework I will try again.

I figured it out. You have to put it in an album to post it here. Anyway here are some pix. I am going to make some full length ones as soon as I figure out how to get it aroung the Lip on the front fender. The front fender has been replaced by the previous owner and for some reason they put on the one with the nasty lip thing that sticks out.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG. What happened it worked for my SIG

Alpine Amp

avyoung said:
I figured it out. You have to put it in an album to post it here. Anyway here are some pix. I am going to make some full length ones as soon as I figure out how to get it aroung the Lip on the front fender. The front fender has been replaced by the previous owner and for some reason they put on the one with the nasty lip thing that sticks out.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG. What happened it worked for my SIG

You just had to take out the .orig.jpg at the end of the url.

Thanks Sully I changed it all. It is weird my sig worked sometimes that way but not all of the time.

Back