New JK owner. Lift advise PLEASE!!!

Tuna

Hello,

I am a newbie owner and need help with following scenerio/questions:

Current:

2010 Wrangler sport (Islander)
Came with 255/75 R17 MT Rubicon tires(bfg) n rims

Scenerio I want to accomplish:

1: I am on a budget and this vehicle is a daily driver!!

2: I want to put a 2" - 2.5" Budget Boost (lift)/ with appropriate wheel spacers

3: I want to upgrade to a 33" 12.5 17 tire.

Q: I've been told my 17" rim is size 8. Can I run this application.

Q My gear ratio is 3.73 can I run this application without upgrading? Pros cons if any? (Automatic)

Q Also I like the look of the M/T tires. since it is a dd should I be considering AT tires?? Pros cons if any?

*Again this is a daily driver and I just want to beef up my ride, I will hit an occasional mud puddle but nothing hard core.

Thank you for any advice with going with this scenerio and If you have a pic of your jeep with similar applications could you please post!

Thanks again,
Tuna (newbie)

j9.jpg

CIMG0176.jpg

CIMG0196.jpg

and or has any one just put 2" spacers in front (on a 2010) and run 33 12.5 17.

* was told 33 would fit with the front spacers only. ( not sure and trying to due right thing before purchasing parts by end of week)

Pics also if you have?

TJ owner here, not sure how much help I'll be, lol. I've seen 33's on JK's, and I think the budget boost should accomplish that. Not sure on the wheel spacing?

.....did you peel the Islander decals off in the last pic?

Yes I peeled thim off. Dont care for them! got jeep seat covers too. This package had the most rebates so I went with it.

Hello,

I am a newbie owner and need help with following scenerio/questions:

Current:

2010 Wrangler sport (Islander)
Came with 255/75 R17 MT Rubicon tires(bfg) n rims

Scenerio I want to accomplish:

1: I am on a budget and this vehicle is a daily driver!!

2: I want to put a 2" - 2.5" Budget Boost (lift)/ with appropriate wheel spacers

3: I want to upgrade to a 33" 12.5 17 tire.

Q: I've been told my 17" rim is size 8. Can I run this application.

Q My gear ratio is 3.73 can I run this application without upgrading? Pros cons if any? (Automatic)

Q Also I like the look of the M/T tires. since it is a dd should I be considering AT tires?? Pros cons if any?

*Again this is a daily driver and I just want to beef up my ride, I will hit an occasional mud puddle but nothing hard core.

Thank you for any advice with going with this scenerio and If you have a pic of your jeep with similar applications could you please post!

Thanks again,
Tuna (newbie)

View attachment 4801

View attachment 4802

View attachment 4803

you can put a 12.5" tire on an 8" rim. you will be fine.

you will also be fine with the 3.73's. might notice a slight decrease in gas mileage.

as far as the tires go, you will get more miles out of a set of all terrains than you would the M/T's but thats all personal preference

Those tires are about 32.5" tall, so a 33" tire is a lateral move. there are a couple JK's in my club, one is a Rubicon 2 door with a 2" spacer lift adn runs a 37" tire on stock rims. it works for him, he has limited up travel, flattened all his pinch welds , little trimming and uses rim spacers. he still gets some control arm rubbing, but for him, he doesn't care.

For you, I would do a 2" spacer, keep the gearing for now and get some 35 all terrains. also, I do not know of a Islander package, someone might have done that as a dealer installed option.

Good luck and have fun

I'm okay with 35's with that gear ration(3.73) for a daily driver?

Thanks for the input. Keep them coming Please!

ps. I guess the "Islander" package is brand new

I just purchased an '08 Rubicon Unlimited. It came with 35" BFG mud terrains and I replaced them with 35" all terrains (daily driver). With 4.10 gears and automatic, it's gutless but I still love it! It apparently has some type of lift, can someone help me identify if it does and how much lift? Thanks.

Back