New Jeep Unlimited

southtj

TJ Smashed Windshield Replacement/Is it doable "shade-t

A guy on a local BB saw the new Jeep Unlimited and had this to say:

I don't know about you guys, but I just saw a new Jeep unlimited at the Murfreesboro Jeep dealership. It looks like one of those stupid Bahama Jeeps that were stretched to add extra doors. It looks like a custom limo job on a cheap a** budget. I understand catering some of the market to the "yuppies". But good grief. If it was a scrambler type style I would like it. But this long wrangler look, is just goofy. Maybe I am just old fashioned. I was just wondering what everybody else thought.

http://bb.tennesseeoffroad.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001039

31x10.50 for sale!

That's a big negative on the carbs far right. I think it's okay looking, except for the soft top. I'm not to sure about the specs on it to make an informed decision though.

While I don't know any of the facts on them, I hate the way it looks. It sort of defeats the whole purpose of a Jeep (small, and can go anywhere). They could be built real nice, but I would buy a truck before I considered the Unlimited. I'm just glad that it is not replacing the Wrangler or anything like that!!!! (so I guess it's not really a big deal if you look at it that way).

Its growing on me.I dont really think it looks that bad.

you take that back seat out and add a 1/2 top from best-top and BANG you have a scrambler. The problem is that LONG soft top. it REALLY ruins the whole look of the Unlimited. I saw my first in "Electric Lime Green Metalic" ::VOMIT::

if ya don't like then long imagine having Puke green.

I like it and can't wait for a good deal on a used one to come along next year about this time. Imagine that thing sitting on about 8" of lift and some 38s.

I think it will look great with a good lift and some decent mods. The funny thing is that the same thing happened when they went from a CJ 5 to a 7. I am sure that a lot of people said the same thing. As a parent I would love the extra room to throw kid crap.

I saw an umlimited today at the dealer. He said it was the 24 off the assembly line, whatever.

I thought it was cool. You could probably fit some plywood in the back. I think it might do good, for people who want to take the top and doors off, but want the extra room...

4.0L and D44 rear are standard. Less driveline issues with the longer rear driveshaft. 4spd auto or 5spd. Sounds pretty sweet to me, I like the soft halfcab idea. 6" of lift on a longarm and I'd be ready to beat on it :twisted:

Lifting an XJ - with pics

I think it looks pretty good.. and there are places that a long wheelbase can go that a short wheelbase will get stuck....

Back