New here, just saying hello...

Tym

Neet site, had CJ-5's since 1976....

Live in South/East Connecticut, current ride is a 1978 Golden Eagle, 120,000 miles on stock 258/4 speed.

She's been in the family since new, came with the Runk bumpers, a 4 inch lift and post mounted spotlight have been added, dual exhausts from JC Whitney. Vehicle is used as a skidder on the families back forty....

Oh yea, from the firewall back the body was made from marine grade plywood, i call her Woody : )

Here is one of my swamp bridges, water is about 3 feet deep~~~~

image-missing.png

Nice jeep.A wood jeep,thats a first for me.Cool

Dang Death Wobble!!!!

Well, ive always wondered why 4 wheelers mount tons of lights...

I'm using a post mounted spotlight and think being able to aim it makes it worth a whole rack full of daylighters...

Herres Woody's story, by the early 90's the body rusted away, and was left with a frame and a firewall, needed so many parts and the Jeep has allot of hard miles onnit, didnt want to have to buy a tub too, so i did the rear of the jeep in wood, since i had the aluminum diamond plate, they formed the corners, the rest was really easy....all the body from the firewall back, including floor, is wood.... Been running like this for almost 8 years, runs down the road quieter than the old steel body....

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Got the seats from bass pro shops, real comfy, and the seat backs fold forward for access to the back.

image-missing.png

Looks like you did a fine job and you dont even have to worry about rust.Lucky guy. :) Sully

Anyone ever seem this before???

howdy "tym-bur". love the jeep, great idea. welcome a-board.
I've gotta see more pics. if ya' got em'.

Welcome. Looks good. I need to take care of some rust on mine so I don't have to go wood. But it is very creative.

Hi Laura, most of my milage is off-road, i just use the jeep to get firewood, make dump runs, and move my little boat around...it rides to stiff to be used on the street much...its smooth though with a load of wood in the trailer : )

I'll get more pic's soon, need some more wood and i need to go do some trail maintenence...

Dont have much use for cars, if i need to go far, i'll ride my two wheeled "jeep":

image-missing.png

Thank all fir the welcome, my condolences to every one on the loss of what sounds like a great member of this forum, very sad....Tym

Utah_jeepster said:
I love it!.. but I would worry about termites...lol.
Sorry Tym I couldnt resist!

Isnt there arsnic in marine grade plywood? : )

No termites, butt, a mud wasp made a nest above the visor, big surprise :shock:

Hello Tym,

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

I think your woody Jeep is very cool!

Perhaps, instead of termites, you should worry about barnacles?

:wink:

Regards,

Gadget

Welcome aboard!

Maybe we can convince you to get more into your woody jeep instead of your 2 wheeler. :wink:

Welcome, Tym. Love the 2-wheeler, keeps up the jeep creed of 'goes anywhere'. I used to have a Suzuki DR650, one hell of a dual-purpose bike.

Hang around, it's a good crown in here.

hey Tym, welcome to jeepz.com nice WOODY, that's really creative and it looks awesome. where in CT are you located? i live in West Haven, any time you wanna wheel give me a shout.

Over herre in East Lyme 88, tell ya what, this states emisions testing has me a little concerned, never did have it tested before, they might get me this time...

When i was young i'd drive a cj-5 anywherre, now that i'm getting to be an old git, the ride on the street is so ruff it feels like my internal organs are being re-arranged : (

Woody is just used now to go get wood and chores, i'd hate to beat it up with hard core off-roading, i make my trails easy so i dont stress the old girl....

Hey B-H, that DR is a good bike, better off-road than my KLR...

Back