Need some ideas.........

Beach_Jeep

Hey guys,

I'm back in the club! Last Wed I bought a 1981 CJ7. Previously, I have owned a 77 CJ5 as well as 90 Islander Wrangler. The CJ7 is overall in pretty good shape. Yesterday I replaced both headlights and tailights. I ran it last night to check the alignment of the two headlights and all looked well. I then looked for the highbeams.... found the button on the floor. Once I pushed it.......Both front headlights went out. I checked the fuse box and all still looks ok. What happened? I just got home from work and am going to take a closer look. Any immediate ideas, anyone........ anyone....... Bueller..... Bueller[addsig]

whenever I have problems with my headlights i find that a thump or two with my fist seems to fix it. but i don't recomend jeep abuse.[addsig]

You might want to check the grounds on the high beam circuit. Good luck, electric work blows. Evan :roll: [addsig]

REPLACE YOUR DIMMER SWITCH! the very first thing i had to do when i bought my CJ7 was replace the dimmer switch, because it caused my headlights to go out. once i replaced it, they ran fine. not sure why, i guess it shorts them out.[addsig]

I have a 95 and the dimmer switch seems a little freaky sometimes. I guess it's something we better watch out for.[addsig]

Back