Need opinion on ZJ front tow point......

Looks good but those shackles would take some abuse on the trail down there. If you take them off then the mounts would get beat up, but I think the advantages would be very good.

Look to Rusty's Offroad for a hook package for a ZJ for $100.
Rusty's Offroad said:
As the popularity of Grands show up on trails grows and the tow hook kit being discontinued from the factory, Rusty's has built a front tow hook kit. It will hold up to vehicle recovery yet will not damage the unibody construction of the ZJ Cherokee. Rusty's ZJ tow hook kit are fabricated of ¼ inch steel, precision laser cut, and CNC formed. Just remove the front bumper for an easy bolt on install. Our tow hook kits are black powder coated for a great look, plus protection. The kit comes complete with hooks and all hardware.
image-missing.png

Bounty__Hunter said:
Look to Rusty's Offroad for a hook package for a ZJ for $100.
Rusty's Offroad said:
As the popularity of Grands show up on trails grows and the tow hook kit being discontinued from the factory, Rusty's has built a front tow hook kit. It will hold up to vehicle recovery yet will not damage the unibody construction of the ZJ Cherokee. Rusty's ZJ tow hook kit are fabricated of ¼ inch steel, precision laser cut, and CNC formed. Just remove the front bumper for an easy bolt on install. Our tow hook kits are black powder coated for a great look, plus protection. The kit comes complete with hooks and all hardware.

i've seen that kit... this one looks sturdier mainly because when you hook to it you are pulling on both frame rails, not just one. less chance of damaging the frame this way. It can take a much harder pull without doing damage, and i was thinking of chopping the bottom of the bumper off anyway.

I like those tow points, they look real clean my question is(and I didn't really read the description, looked at the picture) will they limit your angle of approach? also when you do need to get a tug out, I am assuming that you will be knee deep in mud, are those a little on the low side?

I know money is a issue, but at paragon, Randomjeeper had a killer set up on there ZJ, and I believe it was had for short cash! (at least it is what I think I heard)

actually the tow hooks limit the approach angle a whole lot more then the radiator support... it actually gains some angle, and they are just under the bumper, only 6" from the front at most... and if you're knee deep in mud you're getting drty no matter where you have to reach to hook up... i hook the strap up before going in if i think its that deep.....

and I believe it was had for short cash! (at least it is what I think I heard)

is that "mass"ian for cheap? just kidding, lol. depends on what kind of cash you have, but the whole set up (bumper + lights + heavy duty d-rings) cost me about $720. luckily, i had some nice friends install it for me :D . grae's actually seen it in real life too :wink: .

I am retarded!
I thought you said you got it for CHEAPER money than that.
And by the way, it is not "mass"ian, it is mass-hole, get it right! hehe

randomjeeper said:
is that "mass"ian for cheap? just kidding, lol. depends on what kind of cash you have, but the whole set up (bumper + lights + heavy duty d-rings) cost me about $720. luckily, i had some nice friends install it for me :D . grae's actually seen it in real life too :wink: .

Actually, i'd much prefer the new bumper myself it does look sharp..., just have other priorities right now... like the KC daylighters, the 600 i just spent on tires, etc....

Back