Need help creating a parts list and what else I should replace .

jobe2433

Hello,
My neighbor is a retired jeep mechanic who has offered to help me replace the suspension on my 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport 2.5 lift 35" tires very light off roading nothing hardcore. I have a vague quote from a shop I initially took it to for an alignment at the time. The list is below but I am wondering with these parts are their any small pieces that I also need to purchase so the install will go smoothly or is there anything I should just replace for good measure while everything is torn apart. Any advice is greatly appreciated, Also feel free to tell me if there is a parts store I should consider purchasing from. Also they labeled steering separate with another price what would you assume needed to be replaced if it said steering? Thanks again!

NOTES FOR REFERENCE
13 3/8 TO PASSENCER NOTES FOR REFERENCE

• DUAL STABILIZER. NOTES FOR REFERENCE
• STOCK STEERING NOTES FOR REFERENCE
• estimated 2,5" LIFT NOTES FOR REFERENCE
• toe ¼" IN
→ tie rod adjuster seized
• drag link end @ kauckle
failed
ball joints failed
hubs okay

Ball Joints/ Inner

axle seals

-steering

Take a picture of the steering components from the front of the jeep and post them.

If your neighbor is an ex mechanic, you should be able to do your alignment with a tape measure.

Have him inspect under the jeep while you move the steering wheel left to right with the engine off. He should be able to see most of the components, including the bar ball joints brought ends,…

Tie rod adjusters don’t normally seeze. What you can do is use some penetrating oil. Let it soak then heat to red with tourch and give a few taps. Then hit it with penetrating oil. That should free the adjuster.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back