Name that axle

Sully

DSC00614-2.jpg

Sweet deal on a d30!!!!

thats where my lawnmower axle went!!!! Sully why did you do that?? :lol:

RE: Sweet deal on a d30!!!!

In front of the axle, and to the right of the Diff., is that metal thing attached??

I'm totally guessing here, but is it from a 1920's/30's era "heavy duty" Ford truck?

Whatever it is, it had a transverse mounted leaf spring and used a torque-tube driveline.

Junkpile, that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm actually thinking more in the 1930's now. I was helping one of my dad's friends restore a truck from that era and that looks like the same type of axle...little different though. I just can't remember exactly what year his was. It was a Ford though.

Clutch or Transmission?

I still think it is a quick change ford rear, as for the year...... late 20's possibly early 30's, I think they were made by Halibrand???

Maybe not... This is the rear I though it was, but I did a little Internet searching and I guess, I was wrong.
image-missing.png

My other hobby (obsession?)

Its a columbia 2 speed rear end. More commonly found in Mercurys and Lincolns around the 30's. They were a cool hot rod item, and still are. The long things are radius arms, kinda like our control arms. The mono spring mounts traversly mounted behind the axle.

RE: 6x6?

Sully wrote:

Its a columbia 2 speed rear end. More commonly found in Mercurys and Lincolns around the 30's...

I was going to say that, but I didn't want to be a show-off. :twisted:

<<cough>>

:mrgreen:

Gadget

Is it the rear end out of a 1930 cj 12 with the super rare V7 engine and the 6 speed t-case?

Cause if not, why don't ya tell me?

Back