My vacation fun, and the TJ has a name!

LadyJeepFreak

Aloha everyone,

Just got back from North Carolina. Had a blast on and off road. I learned the good, bad, legal, and illegal about offroading in NC, that's for sure. Being out of state sure did help me a couple of times, lol.

I ended up going to this state forest to get some legal wheeling in. It was a blast! A bit more advanced than I was looking for, however I hung in for a little while. :wink: The trails were $5.00 for all you wanted to ride and they were in a mountain forest area. The surface there is red carolina clay, slippery from rain. Trails had lots of hills, granite rocks, and inclines and all were next to a ravine that dropped off into a rushing river. Lovely huh? :? Oh and at the days end after all that red clay/mud was in my jeep, it poured rain for two hours and we had no top on. What a mess! The carpets are out now, I had to pull the plugs and spray and wipe it all out.

Went with one other jeep, a friend down there that I didn't even know had a Jeep. Pics will be on my site next week.

Also found a 4wd store in Charlotte and got some tow hooks, rear light guards, and a bikini top. Sweet! :lol: I need a store like that here for sure. They were really helpful and the prices were good. Gonna clean and install tomorrow!

Also, the TJ finally whispered her name to me, that day in the mountain. She is now officially my "Little Renegade". I think it fits well. :wink:

So, that's my news and I hope you all had a great week! See ya on the boards.

Lady :D

Wow,sounds like alot of fun.I will be taking my jeep to the beach on thursday if all goes well. :D I hope I finish it.

Might wanna check your other post sometimes......
http://jeepz.com/index.php?name=PNp...t=317795&sid=bb7f00b03d05ec914eaba8a65b536d7c
:lol:

I was riding at Uwharrie that Sunday and will say thats the wetest I've ever seen it. Made some obstacles that I'm used to doing alot more intresting. I got some pics if you wanna see. I went with a fellow jeeper from Indiana and a local guy that rode shotgun with her. Had a great time till she banged her front driveshaft! :shock:
Besides that everything went well. We didnt get caught in the rain like you said you guys did. Good all around trip, maybe we can hook-up next time your in the area when

:roll: ouch Hellboy, I missed your post alright. I left on the 1st for NC and probably didn't check much on the 31st. Yep, Uwharrie was a mess, the other jeep I was with tore one of his sidesteps off. I ended up turning around on this one trail (I forget the name but I'll get it later). It had this huge incline that was like a double S curve. I was very uncomfortable being from flat land such as MD and with the ground so wet there.

I'm going to Paragon in October, and hopefully by the next time I get to NC I'll feel more experienced. I do plan on coming back soon, I had a blast there and I've got lots of friends in that area so it's easy for me to get a place to stay.

Lady

mmm, we went there on (thinking) tuesday the 5th about 2pm. The showers started around 6 pm. Anyway, I would love to see your pics! I'll have a few up soon too.

Heres the pics I was talking about:
The stock Jeep is Elizabeth that went wheeling with us. The black jeep is mine. I only got maybe two shots of my jeep because my g/f wouldnt get out of the Jeep to take any pictures. Elizabeth took some, so maybe I can get them from her wevshot account and post them as well. Anyway, here ya go.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

And heres her front driveshaft.
image-missing.png

THe driveshaft was taking out and should be getting fixed now.

Nice Hellboy, doesn't look remotely like any trails I was on. I must have picked the most difficult ones. lol Much drier in your pictures too, will have to try it out again sometime. :shock: I didn't get many pics of mine either, no one wanted to take them "those none jeep people" you know. lol

I'll get up with you if I get a chance to come down again.

Good name LJF glad you got out there and had some wheeling fun. Nothing beats quality time in your Jeep.

Hell boy them look like some great trails nice rig. tug

Thanks for the comments guys/gals.
LJF, yeah we kinda stayed away from the harder trails that day and we got out of there before the rain storm hit that afternoon. As you see I had a stocker with me and I wasnt sure with the rain and all if her jeep could handle some of the trails like Daniel and Rocky Mountain Loop. So we did WolfsDen, FallsDam and DickeyBell Trail. We had a sweet time until the front driveshaft thing..... :x
But it all worked out and the driveshaft is now fixed and ready to be installed back under her jeep.Good times.

YJ CAM

That last picture hurts but the rest are greatt........Good pics and glad you had fun also Lady Jeep....:) :) :)

Back