my other 4-wheeled "fetish"

jugghead23

Re: Beach= Rust??

I've always had a soft-spot in my heart for Jeeps since I owned my first one at age 17. I am now 31 and still love my (new) wrangler just as much as I did back then, probably even more because now I have money to spend on it. However, when I have a garage big enough, there is another auto-fetish that I've had since growing up at the beach in NJ.
The Meyers Manx...a little more on the impractical side than Jeeps but a ton of fun on a warm summer day. Someday, I'll have a garage with a Jeep and a Manx, until then I love my TJ like an only child.

I figured I'd share this one with you guys on the jeepz board because the person who built this one obviously couldn't decide if they wanted a jeep or a manx.

http://www.manxclub.com/botm-3-04/botm-3-04-3.htm

I want one! is that thing 4 wheel peel? Is it a VW with a kit on top? Whats the deal? I like it, add it to the list of "toys for me". Cool pics!

A "Manx" (created by Bruce Meyers) is a fiberglass buggy body mounted on a shortened VW beetle pan. Most are rear-wheel drive. They are famous for breaking all sorts of Baja records...best used on sand. Air cooled VW engines were ideal for crossing vast stretches of desert..
This one just happened to be dressed more for 4-wheeling.

I almost bought this one last June..was in 'negotiations' with the owner (girls not included). NJ Insurance was the only thing that kept me from buying

image-missing.png

Back