My New Job!

Tug-n-pull

OK after a week of job interviews and searching the www.whatamess.con I am zeroed down to two different jobs. First choice and 85% likely I will be driven out to Tulsa OK for a week of orentation on Monday the 1st. I will be driven for Arrow Trucking pulling a Flatbed over the lower 48, Canada, and Mexico! Out 14 to 21 days at a strech and then home for 2 to 4 days. Pay package looks good and the bennies are not to bad either but being away from home so much is hard. Be driven a Freightliner Columba flat top mid rise with a 70" sleeper, a 500 HP Cat thur a Super 10 Eaton Fuller Transmission, Pulling a 48' Skateboard. Hauling steel, building materials, ect...... Should get plenty of miles and get to see alot of country. Just dread tarping loads in sub zero conditions this winter! Oh well you do what you do! Been 4 years off the road so I have gotten soft and I am sure there is a bunch of changes been made out there. Got real mixed emoitions about the move and I know it is, what you make of it, so I plan to get out there with a get r done attidude. So if you see a big ol White truck with Green markings flying the name Arrow and theres a big ol bald fat Driver a waven at you and your in a Jeep go to chanel 19 and holler fer Tug It just might be me! tug

Can't imagine you bein' soft, Tug. I know how the years wear on ya', but I believe you've got the sort of constitution that everyone else wishes they had.......that "get 'r done" attitude. Really sucks that you have to go this route.......14-21 days out!!!!.......wishin' you nothing but the best. Any relief in sight?? Any chance the Mrs. can accompany you on any runs????

I'll be lookin' for ya'!!!! God Bless ya', Tug.

Your mountain buddy that you've never met,
mud

I'll be looking Tug. Here in Las Cruces, being near El Paso (a truckers haven) I hope to see you!! Good luck in all of your on and off road endeavors!!!!!!!!!

Don't have a CB, but if on the I-75 in Mich, you see a blue XJ with a Ray's Guitar bumper sticker, toot the horn, because I guarantee I'm the only one who'se got one these days.

The very best of luck to you, hope you can have some fun with it.

I have a CB Tug and always hear truck drivers on it! Usually they have names like "chicken wang" and "BBQ Bisquit" but I'll look out for ya! Here is wishing you the best of luck. Please be safe and careful always!! We will miss you around here.

Lady

21 days on the road. Man I feel for you. I hit 2 weeks on the road for work and I was missing the family something fierce. Good Luck to you!

Have a good one tug and remember to enjoy yourself. Be safe out there and watch out for them smokies!

Good luck Tug!!! I'll keep an eye out for you here in Oregon (just look for a truck the same height as yours...It will probably be me!!!).

Be sure to keep us updated whenever you get the chance.

Glade to hear it's going to work out.

I don't know how you drivers do it. I drive a lot around this New York City area in a car and you drivers don't get much of a break. All the best.

Back