my first lift kit

bugleboy

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76016_820.htm

does it look like it will do the trick? i need a 2" lift and researched lifts for about a month, i went with tomken, its got 2" poly spacers for the front and 2" (i think) metal blocks for the back, it also came with shock an brake extensions plus new U-bolts, does it seem like a good kit? i just needed a good budget lift to fit my tires better but i want to be able to play in the mud and offroad without worrying about breaking or stressing anything, i guess all im asking is, does it seem like its worth the money?

image-3225054290.png

Last edited:

the poly spacers say they won't break. everything will break at some point, but i think you would be good for a while. For the grand cherokee you can get a 2" lift for 60 or 70 bucks but i wouldn't use it for hardcore stuff, just some messing around and more of an appearance thing, and to fit larger tires.

do you think ill get anymore flex with this lift and stock suspension? it gives the tires more room to move so maybe a little?

I wouldn't say it would give you much more flex. If you want flex I would look into a 3 to 3 1/2 inch kit that comes with new springs and shocks. On my grand Cherokee a 31" tire rubs like no other when the wheel is turned about halfway each way, so this lift is just designed to clear the bigger tires. I assume that on a Cherokee it would be the same situation, it is just enough to fit 31's without them rubbing, but wouldn't give you too much more flex.

i have 30" tires and they were so fat they rubbed the control arms in the front and fit perfect in the back, i put spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers on and now they fit in the front but they dont tuck in the back, so when i carry over 500 or more lbs the fender sits on the tire in the back, thats why i bought the lift, so i can carry weight around without rubbing in the back and to get a full range of flex again

I have stock suspension and 255/70/15 up front which is 29.1 inch and 31's in the rear until I can find 2 more 255's of the same brand and they are fine, but when I had the 31's up front I couldn't turn all the way and any bump they would hit the fenders

Sent from my Exhibit using Jeepz

image-3616147258.png

image-1810181917.png

im gonna post some before pictures now, after pictures will fallow in about a week

Attachments

• image-2895701277.png
    image-2895701277.png
    818.3 KB · Views: 945
  • image-3125937261.png
    image-3125937261.png
    756.6 KB · Views: 2,418
  • image-3504335790.png
    image-3504335790.png
    648.5 KB · Views: 406
  • image-890442094.png
    image-890442094.png
    712.8 KB · Views: 426

It's weird, when I got my Jeep it had 31's all the way around and i the only problem I had was the front would hit the fenders if I hit a bump too hard, but I got my 255's and had them on the rear and had to replace one of the 31's up front. The new 31 was when I started having problems with it rubbing so I had to move them to the back and they fit fine back there. I would love to get a lift and 3 more of the 31's since they are the Goodyear Wrangler Dura-trec tire, but at $200 a piece I will wait for General Tire to get the 255's I have off back order and get 2 of them for about $220.

extra-medium said:
It's weird, when I got my Jeep it had 31's all the way around and i the only problem I had was the front would hit the fenders if I hit a bump too hard, but I got my 255's and had them on the rear and had to replace one of the 31's up front. The new 31 was when I started having problems with it rubbing so I had to move them to the back and they fit fine back there. I would love to get a lift and 3 more of the 31's since they are the Goodyear Wrangler Dura-trec tire, but at $200 a piece I will wait for General Tire to get the 255's I have off back order and get 2 of them for about $220.

hmm... i guess the one inch makes all the difference

Back