My Baby's new Baby

Joopin

Super Moderator
Just thought I would share my GF Kara's new purchase... it's an '04 Infiniti G35 coupe. She has been looking at them since Dec. and we finally picked it up saturday. It's got some real power, nice sound, and a navigation system! I never relized how much we get lost until she got this car. I'm jealous, but I like the payments on my Jeep better...

Here she is, and her car too.

image-missing.png

Stop drooling guys!

Joop

Steering Wheel

How much is she going to let you drive it? Very nice car.

So far I drove it like a tenth of a mile... She proposed a deal to me though, I can drive it if I volunteer to be the designated driver when we go out on the weekends. It's a toss up, I may wait to take that deal after the break in period is over.

Joopin said:
So far I drove it like a tenth of a mile... She proposed a deal to me though, I can drive it if I volunteer to be the designated driver when we go out on the weekends. It's a toss up, I may wait to take that deal after the break in period is over.

I would say no problem!

Get your self one of these for $100 (I paid $200 for mine)
image-missing.png

And when you go out be the DD in the Omni!!

If someone hits you, who cares.

Thanks Mingez, I was rooting for her to get a mustang or jeep but I guess this will have to do. Now I just need a garage and my life will be complete!

John, that is the most beautiful automobile I have ever seen... Mmmmmm Omni ~(Homer voice)
Oh and that car is ALL Kara's. I have nothing to do with it... although I am making some "Jesse's Girl" vinyl decals for it. But be happy for her, not me!

Lookin good! Oh ya, the car's alright too.

The best part is, she is now a member of a message board much like this but for Infiniti cars. She used to get mad when she came to my apt. and all I was doing was reading and posting on Jeepz.com... now she can't say anything cause she's in the same boat! hah

Oh and I'll have to ask permission from her for "more angles" but for now I'll just post the pics that she posted on her forum site www.6mt.net

image-missing.png

Joop

That is a pretty sweet car. I was thinking about one of those for the wife when her lease comes up in April. Throw out some updates on how you and/or your gf is still liking the car after a while. I would definitely be interested.

Well Judge09, are you looking at the coupe or the sedan? The coupe does not come with all wheel drive like the 4 door does. I don't know if that would be an issue for you and the wife but I'm sure the AWD would help out in those syracuse winters. I went to college in Rochester and I know what those lake effects can do!

But if she is used to driving RWD cars in the snow I would say get the coupe but stay away from the Tire/Wheel package, it bumps the 17" wheels to 18" but the tires are not all terrain... strictly street, dry weather tire. That package also comes with high performance brakes "Brembos" which one could do without I heard. I guess there is no news of an AWD coupe in the future even though there have been many requests for them.

One other thing that is cool is the Navigation system. If you can get one, it is worth it. It's an extra 2 grand but it helps with more than just getting lost, plus it's cool to show off! There is alot of info on that forum Kara goes to if you want more info... www.6mt.com I'll let you know of any problems or anything you should know, and if you have any questions about it, just ask!

Joop

Joopin I don't really like too many cars, but your girlfriend has good taste, congrats to her and good luck trying to get her to let you drive it. :wink:

Where in Rochester did you go to school? Yeah we are definitely looking at the sedan model. As you said AWD is a great help in the winter. We are actually making a move south probable come spring so I am not entirely too worried about the snow situation. The car looks sharp. I am real interested in the little things, the ergo issues, little nuances (sp) that you might not notice during the test drive and stuff like that. We are giving back her Lexus RX300 because of the move south and she wants out of the SUVs. She really wants another lexus but I just like the lines of the G35. We are also looking at the BMW 330i, Volvo S60, and for some odd reason she likes the Subaru WRX. I am trying to convince her she needs the STi model.

You might get a kick out of this...we were at the Syracuse Nationals (car show) last month and she saw some old mustangs there that she "fell in love with" The 67-69 fastback models. So for a couple weeks she decided she wanted to get that when we give the lexus back. I am all for getting one...but I dont know about it for an everyday driver (plus I am a vette fan)

I wish I was not such a broke A$$, I'd get in this conversation.
I am thinking of getting a 1984 Chevy Citation. :lol: :lol:

Back