muffler????

peejs

Does anybody have any idea as to which kind of muffler i should get for my 2007 JK? It comes with factory 2.5 in pipe so i wont need to replace that, I just dont know about the muffler with all the choices. Dynomax, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Gibson....etc. I dont want to spend more than 80 to 100 bucks not including install. Any ideas would help alot! Thanks!!:beer:

If your having a garage install it,I dont think it would be under 100.

Most garages in my area charge 40 just to pull it in and put on the lift.

that only leaves 60 for the muffler,unless you can find a good deal some where.

Also keep in mind that you might be voiding some warranty that falls into the 3yr/ 36,000 miles. Some dealerships will frown on that if there is reason to beleive that a driveablility concern was caused or has something to do with it.

Also keep in mind that you might be voiding some warranty that falls into the 3yr/ 36,000 miles. Some dealerships will frown on that if there is reason to beleive that a driveablility concern was caused or has something to do with it.

Dont think he is concerned about warranty.From the specs he has listed 2"lift with 35" tires should void most warranties.

Dont think he is concerned about warranty.From the specs he has listed 2"lift with 35" tires should void most warranties.
Your right, the suspension lift will void suspension warranty but not the powertrain.

I just put a 40 series Flowmaster Delta Flow on my 93. With the straight 6 it sort of sounds like a giant fart can off a honda Civic...I'm not that happy with it. BUT, with a V6 (like you have), it will sound better. I had the same muffler on an '03 Dakota with a 3.9 V6 and it sounded pretty good, really good below 3,000 RPM, and decent above. Good Luck.

Your right, the suspension lift will void suspension warranty but not the powertrain.

Not if it is a factory installed lift...

Peejs: I would recomend a BORLA BOOMER MUFFLER, but there running around 130$. I love the sound of my Borla exhaust and the tight, round muffler fits in nice inside my frame rails missing the long arm kit.

I took my muffler off and made a turndown out of the tailpipe. Free... yes. Hick... yes. Loud... Hex yeah!

I'd put a glasspack on.

Back