MP3 Question

southtj

RE: winch questions

Another non Jeep question for you guys but I know there are some pretty smart guys out there and one of you may have an idea for me.

I've got a bunch of MP3s on my desktop computer at home and I have a wireless network (b,g). I want to play my tunes on my home stereo but I don't want to buy (yet) another device to put in my stereo cabinet like the ones that have a hard drive to play your music. I already have a receiver, tape deck, dvd, cd, vcr and a turntable in there so there is no more room. I would like to buy one of these:

http://cnet.search.com/search?q=wir...&cat=313&mode=products&allfields=0&k=63296061

but the ones that got a good rating got some really terrible user reviews. They seem ideal. They would let me leave the music on my pc and let me play it on my stereo by utilizing my wireless network. Most of them let you use the TV to browse and select the playlists, show cover art etc.

Anyone know of one of these or another type device that would work well for what I want? Any other ideas?

south,
you don't need to buy anything.

Burn your MP3s to a audio cd. Simply copy and paste the files and do not convert them to audio. leave them as .mp3

Your DVD player, if it is within a couple years old will play the mp3s right off the disk. you can put tons of files onto a 700MB cd.

X2 What 90Xjay said!!! You can fit hundreds of mp3's on a CD. My cheap-arse little WalMart DVD player lets me scroll through them to my heart's content. Very cheap, quick, and easy solution. Plus, if your Jeep's CD player is capable of playing mp3's (mine's not :cry: ) you can take 'em on the road with ya!!

That sounded like a good plan. I burned a cd with MP3s but it would only hold 7 albums. That means that I would have to burn 35 cds to get all my music to play on a DVD player. I figured that with my 5 dvd changer and just recording my favorites I might be ok. Nope, MP3s won't play on my 3-4 year old dvd player. "disk error". Also wouldn't play on the wife's 99 Explorer or on my 04 Jeep.

Back to square one.

Consider a newer DVD player capible of playing MP3s.
Ours is an el cheapo, but it plays our mp3 files and we look at family pics on disk that I saved as JPG files.

If you upgrade your DVD and replace your older one, you will still have room instead of adding something totally new.

Back