motor swap week

Snitty

i've been away from the net for about a week.... i got a few things to catch up on here so i can see where everything was left off... i've been swapping an engine in a friend's TA

RE: Exhaust

Trans Am engine? Was it a Pontiac 301, 400, or the Olds 403? Or was it an 82+ with a Chevy engine? What did you swap in?

took out a 403, replaced it with a built 400.. i got a bunch of pics... had some electrical problems, i'm gonna see if i can't figure them out

its an 81

Post a pic of the results. I like second gen F-bodies. A Trans Am just isn't the same without poncho power, it's cool they decided to do a 400 instead of a Chevy swap......although I'm more of a Camaro fan, and they've got to have a bowtie between the fenders.[/i]

i'm more of a camaro fan myself... i'll get some pics up... still workin out some electrical problems

here is the car
image-missing.png

new powerplant
image-missing.png

out with the Olds
image-missing.png

In with the new
image-missing.png

there you have it, just a small taste

Looks good.......ought to run good now......

I assume this will be followed up by some nice smoky burnout photos after the bugs are sorted out? :)

Is that your El Camino in the background? 68?.....

the El belongs to a friend, just finished a full frame-off this year.. i'll get you some pics on that

after the electrical problems are sorted out... i'll make sure you get some burnout pics

I hooked someone

Is this in place of the camaro that was burnt to a crisp? Lookin good so far...

no joopin.. the camaro that was burnt to a crisp is now replaced with another camaro of the same year... we are getting the block machined.. the heads, intake and supercharger are fine so we'll be swapping them over this winter

Back