Mis-placed steering stabilizer/different tires affect the powersteering functions..?

Jeepin'!

Afternoon!
I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler, I purchased a different type of tire in January (not bigger just more rugged) and I have noticed a few problems with my power-steering since. The shop busted the driver side adjustor when trying to align the tires. When he fixed it, he had to take the steering stabilizer off and I highly believe he put it on incorrectly. Would an incorrect/mis-placed steering stabilizer be the problem or hurt my power steering, hoses, pitman arm seals or pitman arm? He put tires on that I didn't even order (Rugged not All-Terrain), butI didnt' notice until after the 30 day mark.....so much for trusting! I'm having a tough time making sharp turns to the left and I just recently found a slow leak around the pitman arm. Any help would be appreciated!!
:???::(

I don't think it's your stabilizer......I'm a complete idiot and I replaced mine. I can't imagine someone in a shop putting it on wrong....it's really pretty simple. And the stabilizer really won't cure any problems with all that front end geometry....just kinda keeps it smooth. Not sure what "rugged" tires are.....are we talking mud terrains?

As long as the steering stabilizer is along the same line as the drag link its should cause any steering related issues. Check the stabilizer for dents to the body and turn the front hard left and check the shaft for any nicks or gouges. If you feel that it is an issue a quick trip over to your local 4x4 center and have a tech take a look.

Thanks guys! I took it in and had a mechanic look at it. Crazy stuff!! First of all I got new tires in January, while they were aligning them, they busted the left adjuster, which they replaced. Downfall is I highly believe they put things together incorrectly when doing that, even though it is a pretty easy process. I wasn't really confident in their work or knowledge either. The recent mechanic said the tie bar is turn the wrong direction and the steering stabilizer bracket is pretty bent,which I thought in the first place. my question is....did the mechanic screw this all up?? I also have a slow power steering fluid link around the pitman arm.....

Busted adjuster indicates the previous mechanic screwed things up.

Back