Minorities and Jeeps ?

PASmokeater

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but a friend and myself had a discussion the other day about Jeeps and minorities. I thought about it for awhile, and realized that around here, I don't think I've ever seen an ethnic person in a Jeep. I'm trying to be politically correct here, as I'm NOT trying to offend anyone, just curiuos. I believe that Wheeling, like everything else is a multi-cultural past time, and would like to know if there's a reason why it seems as though it's not. Just a question. Raven, if you think this post dosen't belong here, please feel free to delete it. Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

To me this is kinda funny, only because of my extended family. My sister-n-law, my wifes sister, is white and my brother-n-law, her husband, is black. She drove a white YJ, which I now own, and he drove a black one. I've noticed this too. It seems that certain "races" tend to lean towards certain cars. You won't see many black people driving a '68 camero with the rear end jacked up, hooker headers, moon stickers and a blower. Just like you won't see many white people in a purple with gold flake 55 chevy impala, dropped, gold spoked daytons, orange tuck n roll interior. That would be an interesting thing to study. What type of cars certain demographics tend to drive and why.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>55 chevy impala</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

No such thing... Bet you meant 65, huh???
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I'm 100% Indian (the kind from India
image-missing.png
) and I've been wheelin' since I was 15 (I'm now 17)!! I love the sport and it gives me a great opportunity to meet people.[addsig]

i had a 3runner yes a 3runner before i got my jeep....i didnt like it all that much....i love my jeep[addsig]

That's a good point... I don't know any minorities who drive jeeps, although a lot of the rappers these days call their hummers, lexus and benz SUV's, and Navigators "jeeps"
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Which goes to showya it's not what you drive but how you use it. Anybody can own a great ride (Jeep,Hummer,Landrover,etc..) But if the thing never sees anything but I-5 or whatever your local interstate is, WHAT A WASTE. [addsig]

Not much virity around here as far as who drives a CJ YJ or TJ Jeep. I live in a town where in 1916 they hung an elephant to death by the neck for the murder of a circus handler. They ran a minority race out of town where thay have remained after a man was accused, and lynched over the rape of a young local girl, I think that was in the 1930's. Where there was an American Indian who was drown in a drunk tank by means of a high pressure water hose while cleaning the vomit out of the cell in the 1920s! Politicaly Correct is such a new concept to this part of the world. So the last thing that I want to do is bring on any kind of bad filling from anyone. However the facts are tha facts and not being able to say what you mean for the fear of stepping on toes is hard and unrealistic. I am not a racist and do not have any kind of fobia to any personal life style. That being said " I like the sun on my face and other body parts, The wind in my hair what is left of it, I like to get out into the woods and see the wildlife, I like to get stuck trying to go places I never should have gone, I don't mind a cold draft in the cold weather while driveing, I like to have to kind of climb in, and to get shuck all about on the way to where I am going, I dont like Bling, Bling wheels and way shinny don't touch paint jobs, or carpet that I won't get muddy. I am just a wild eyed southern boy who loves his Jeep and Jeeps are just not for everybody, and that is a good thing. PS I also like to watch my wife climb in and out of the Jeep in her tight pants! Tug
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Word.

-Except for the part about your wife. I'll be polite I won't look-
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Well well. That whole jeep and minority thing is true to a degree but I have seen more blacks in Jeeps recently...particularly when I look in my rear view mirror.
image-missing.png
It seems that eveyr time I look in the mirror, there's this really cool black dude driving in a Jeep.
image-missing.png
Basically, I'm black and I've driven a YJ for years and am now looking forward to picking up my newly refurbed CJ.
image-missing.png
It's funny how the internet masks that kind of stuff. Anyhoos...

drive on.

[addsig]

where do you guys live????? this might be why u see what you see....
image-missing.png

im from texas..........or south texas.....lots of different colors down here.....everybody owns a 4x4 down here.....most are big trucks used for wheeling and work...

besides that, this is a military town so our jeepers come in all different colors
image-missing.png
[addsig]

well when i went on my cruise in cozmuel I saw the most rusted out YJ sitting on the street for like 1500 pesos.. which is like 10 bucks american.. .and has anyone seen CB4 with chris rock he was drivin a lifted YJ that was out of control.. like 10+ lift with like 44's on it.... it was insane[addsig]

CB4 was just on Comedy Central, the other night! I never saw it until then. I've got to go get it![addsig]

Back