Metallica

jps4jeep

Super Moderator

Just to let you know, I went to metallica on sunday at gillett stadium and it blew my mind. The best metallica show I have seen since 94! Only three songs off there last three albums, St. Anger, Frantic and Fuel (which all sound 100x better live) Only played old stuff!! They even played Harvester of Sorrow and No Remorse which I haven't heard live in like ten years!!

Fred Durst put on a good show as well as Linkin Park, but the deftones and mudveyn kicked a$$

If you can get tickets to this tour, DO IT[addsig]

If it says "Metallica" anywhere on the Ticket, I do not want it. Bastages took away my napster. :-x [addsig]

I had my choice of "Summer Sanitarium" or Ozzfest. Sorry, but had to go with Ozzfest. KoRn is the greatest band in the world and just smoked everyone. And I was never a Marilyn Manson fan until I saw his show...WOW! He's quite the performer. There were a lot of cool bands on the 2nd stage too like Shadows Fall (the best) and Killswitch Engage. Ozzy was even fun until Zakk Wylde started doing 10 minute guitar solos in every song. That got to be a little much. Poor Ozzy...he's so old. Wonder how long he'll be doing that![addsig]

Who cares. Now you got kazzaa. The concert kicked!

Lets say you sell widgets, and one person buys your widget, copies it and gives it away for free, and you loose lots of money. I bet you would be pissed!

And I know they have all the money they need, well what if they buy some jeeps, they are going to need that extra cash to keep them on the road! HEHE

Once a fan always a fan, I don't care about the politics only the sound!

NANAEIGHT, going to ozzfest too so I get the best of both worlds (on aug 17 I think here) plus I saw poison with Skid Row and Vince Neil last month, good summer!

edited by: jps4jeep, Jul 08, 2003 - 06:17 AM[addsig]

It's the politics about it. I want a band, not a governor. :roll: [addsig]

Got to agree with you. I'm not a big fan of the Napsters and Kazaas cause it does take money from artists and frankly, burned CD-R's SUCK!!! The "real" thing is always the "best" thing. That's why it takes artists so long to record albums. Comparing downloaded music to a quality produced CD is like comparing a Jeep to a Geo Metro! :p [addsig]

That all depends on the "bit-rate" of the MP3 and the burning software that you use :p

:::Edit:::
Also, you just can't compare making your own "Songs of the 80's, 90's" Albums. To many albums have only 1 song that you like. What a waste of cash and hard earned monies.

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jul 08, 2003 - 11:23 AM[addsig]

Did they play master of puppets???I love that song and fuel is also very cool.[addsig]

HEHE I don't even have a napster/kazzaa service, F*&%ed up my computer.

I have a friend of mine burn MP3's onto cd's (my deck plays them) for me for long drives but thats it.

L33TJ33P - No hard feelings bro! To each his own.

I will see most anything live once![addsig]

Oh they played puppets!
Blackened
Seek and Destroy
For Whom the Bell Tolls
No Remorse
Harvester of Sorrow
St Anger
Frantic
Fuel
Sad But True
Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
ONE
Sanatarium (Even Fred Durst played his version, and half way through he jumped off stage and made his way to the back, jumped up on the Budwiser concesions stand, My friend took photo's I will try to get some)

And some others but I can;t remember. The set was 2 1/2 hour long[addsig]

Here is the set list

Battery
Master of Puppets
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
St. Anger
No Remorse
Seek and Destroy
Blackened
-----------------
Fuel
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
----------------
One
Enter Sandman

Here is a link to the Boston Globe's Review Click Now

7603Jthm-4.jpg

7603thm-4.jpg

7603stagethm-4.jpg

7603LKthm-4.jpg

edited by: jps4jeep, Jul 08, 2003 - 06:48 AM[addsig]

I saw the show on the 5th in toronto... WOW WOW WOW did Metallica kick my a$$... the fire show was amazing... I made my way all the way to the stage.. and let me tell you, it was NO easy task... the closer you get, the crazier the people get...

I am not a fan of Limp Bizkit... but they did an amazing job... and they covered "behind blue eyes" and got everyone into that, that was a good highlight....

back to metallica... I was let down to not hear Fade To Black, and wanted to hear my favorite song of all time "Bleeding Me"... but everything else I wanted to hear was played... and i was glad to see all of the old stuff... and there was just a load of heavy stuff... not much mellow, and they played the FULL version of Master... Harvester killed me... And the crowd was respectful, you fall down, they help you up... amazing... it is my second time seeing them, I did once before in 98... this was by far much better... James threw out his wristband after the show, the guy NEXT to me got it, bastard... Even the new stuff off the new album, I was not looking forward to hearing it, but WOW, it was like completely new songs on a much better level

as far as the napster crap... yeah, they have all the money they could ever use... but if you face it... that is their job, that is what they do... if you have money in the bank, you don't stop working do you? it takes a long time to make those albums, and I am proud to go pay for them when they come out... So maybe they are a little more strict than some other bands that have not made it that far and RELY on bootleg music... but they are STILL Metallica... and that conflict doesn't change how good their music has been for over 20 years[addsig]

:-D No hard feelings at all bro. I just have a serious problem with whinners and Metallica are SERIOUS whinners.

FIRE BAD!!!
FIRE BAD!!!

MONEY GOOD!!!
NAPSTER BAD!!!

LOL[addsig]

wouldnt you have done the same thing to napster if you were metallica... i would have[addsig]

Actually, no. I used to buy more CDs back then. Contrary to popular belief, so did everyone else. [addsig]

they are not whining, they are voicing the fact that their legal protection was violated. If your legal protection or rights are violated, and you complain about it, are you whining? no... now what about if you have a lot of money? no.. its still not whining[addsig]

I'm with you there. I saw Metallica about 15 years ago right after the release of their first album. They played a club called the Arcadia in Dallas. It was a total hole and they were traveling in a van with a trailer. Them, like other bands that have made it huge (Korn, Pantera, etc.) have all had humble beginnings and have paid their dues. They deserve every penny they earn and when a company like Napster or Kazaa comes along, it hurts not only their pocketbook, but the record companies. When record companies suffer, so do radio stations. When the radio stations suffer, the listeners ultimately pay the price.

I've been a disc jockey for 14 years and I've worked everything from country to rock to oldies and it affects everyone. And while I'm not a huge fan of Metallica's music, I applaud them for what they did to stand up for their industry. My line of work is being threatened by computers and satellite operations like XM Radio and Sirius. People say "oh, I hate commercials", but that's what pays the bills. So what do they do, they pay $10-$25 a month for "commercial-free" radio. It's a lose-lose battle.

Good thing my Jeep's paid off in a year...then I can really start throwing money away as I say "Would you like fries with that, sir"!!!! :roll: [addsig]

I was an installer back when XM came out about 2 years ago, and it was not selling rightaway, so pioneer and sony where giving the system away to dealers and employees to install on there own cars, you just had to sign a 4 year contract.
Long story short I never got it.

I have seen metallica countles times, accually everytime they have been in new england since 1990 I have seen them at least once. This performance was right up there with when metallica toured with G-N-R (ya remember those guys) which was I think 93 or 94!

I grew up on old metallica, But I like the new stuff just as much, it is not the same and unfortunatly people that consider themselves "pureists" think it stinks but times and sound change.

Does led zeppelin I and II sound anything like Coda or In through the out door. It is called progression!

Nanaeight, where were you a DJ? Anyplace cool!

Johnny[addsig]

I will see if I can find the info that I read a couple weeks ago. There is currently a class action suit towards the Record companies. They apparently conspired with CD sales companies to raise the price of Copy-writed material. That sounds too much like someone that needs money taken from their pocket, Not someone that needs it to be lined even more. I am sorry, I did the DJ bit at 97.3 WJAD 100,000 watts in Bainbridge, GA. I have no sympathy for the record companies or the bands. If nothing else the File share proggys equaled "Free Advertisement."

These days we have Senators talking about having a system that will permantly destroy a users PC if they download an MP3. How silly have we gotten?? [addsig]

You guys have me stoked for the concert this friday night at Turner Field in Atlanta. I was at their concert two years ago when it was cancelled. Everyone was sitting in The Georgia Dome waiting after all the bands had finished, when we were told Metallica was not performing because of a jet skiing injury to Lars or something. All the earlier bands, Korn, Kid Rock and the others, performed Metallica songs. Cool, but not what I wanted to see. They did come back a few months later and give a free show to anyone with a ticket stub from the earlier date. I was pissed then, but now I see they didn't have to come back. I am sure they lost mounds of money doing the second show. Can't wait to go. WOOHOO!!![addsig]

Back