Looking for Historical Insurance

Joopin

Super Moderator
The mustang will be ready to go back on the road soon and I want to put Historical plates on it and get historical/collectors insurance on it. I have found a couple places but I was wondering if anybody out there can throw me some links or phone #s to places. The price I found so far is 104 bucks a year but I have to keep it in a garage when I'm not using it which I don't have access to until the winter. If anyone has any, give em up! Thanks,

Joop

Hagerty was the most reasonable I found for my 78 eldorado, and the same deal garage kept so many miles a year blah blah has to be completely restored. Well since the caddy is 90% done instead of 100% I just got full coverage (only vehicle loss) on her from my regular insurer, I'm happy w/it for now b/c I drive her a lot and dont have a garage. You may want to go that route until you get the garage access and then switch to hagerty or some other company like that.

1972 cj5

Yeah Hagerty was one of the companies I came across. Do you get any kind of deal with your regular insurance since it's an older car? I guess the insurance companies policies vary, I will give my ins. co. a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks kcash.

I just have my Jeep on the same insurance as my other cars. You get a multi car discount which made the insurance on my Sub a lot cheaper. I think the Jeep runs me $125 a year for liability, medical, theft (including contents) and towing.
As for the tag, I don't know about your state, but for AL they call them antique tags and the car must be used for limited mileage and you must Show the car to qualify.

I have my 49 Plymouth Special Deluxe and my 75 caprice classic convt. (454) insured with JC TAYLOR. I believe it's www.jctaylor.com and they offer both antique and specialty auto insurance at very reasonable rates.

Back