Long time no see... HELP :(

a dealer is a dealer and wants to make profit. period.
When I bought my used cars from a 'serious' dealer, I always could work out my issues with them (even if I drove the car for a month or so). Minor flaws have been fixed without big negotiations. Bigger issues (gear broke after 300 miles) we agreed on some money (100 bucks) ...

If you buy private, you're stuck with what you get. Basicly no chance of any warranty unless you park in the sellers driveway (6AM) and hunt him down for selling you junk ... (been there, done that, got a red t-shirt... :D:)
On the other hand: Friends shouldn't sell friends. I never (ever, never) sell or buy from a friend. period. You just can't look into a car unless you have xray vision. Money, cars and women shouldn't be exchanged with friends. Period.

well, just my 2 cents while on a coffeebreak

Cheerio

RE: LifeTime Alignment @ FireStones Lifts Don

I live in Salem.

RE: Pictures from my trip!

laneiac said:
I live in Salem.
well shucks i coulda definitely saved myself a trip. It was a long day, but i came back with something decent. I'm not too sure about lift kits for this blazer though... things aren't looking promising. :(

RE: Hey Snitty

YJ_Pilot said:
a dealer is a dealer and wants to make profit. period.
When I bought my used cars from a 'serious' dealer, I always could work out my issues with them (even if I drove the car for a month or so). Minor flaws have been fixed without big negotiations. Bigger issues (gear broke after 300 miles) we agreed on some money (100 bucks) ...

If you buy private, you're stuck with what you get. Basicly no chance of any warranty unless you park in the sellers driveway (6AM) and hunt him down for selling you junk ... (been there, done that, got a red t-shirt... :D:)
On the other hand: Friends shouldn't sell friends. I never (ever, never) sell or buy from a friend. period. You just can't look into a car unless you have xray vision. Money, cars and women shouldn't be exchanged with friends. Period.

well, just my 2 cents while on a coffeebreak

Cheerio

Well put. The state of Kansas requires dealers to carry a 10% parts and labor warranty for 1000 miles or 30 days. We carry 50%. I have had two customers that had problems well after the 30 days with their cars, and we took care of them. One of them was a radiator fan that went out and we took care of all that bill, the other was a blown engine and we covered 50%.....we shouldn't have covered any of it because the kid admitted to blowing it while doing burnouts.

RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be? help!!

i know this is an old post, but i was doing a search for california emissions. my jeep passed the pa emissions test and inspection and i was wondering if it would pass california's emissions test and whatever else they need out there, or at least what the emissions requirements are?

RE: Is Bluetorchfab my only option

randomjeeper said:
i know this is an old post, but i was doing a search for california emissions. my jeep passed the pa emissions test and inspection and i was wondering if it would pass california's emissions test and whatever else they need out there, or at least what the emissions requirements are?

As long as your jeep passed the federal emissions test it will pass here fine. No yearly inspection here just a smog every two years. Your federal emission jeep does not have to pass the same emmision test as a California emission vehicle does. It just needs to pass the federal requirements in which it sounds that it has.

Back