Line-X & Tunes w/ iPod

Special_K

Finally got my Jeep back on Friday afternoon with the Line-X complete but with a completely empty interior. I spent the last 8 hours re-installing the interior including the new Tuffy security console and relocating/rewiring the stereo to the console.

As a bonus, I hardwired an iPod adapter into the line-in port on the stereo. Now, all I just have to do is plug the iPod into what is like a docking port at the end of a cord (supplies power and receives music)...and viola!!!...tons of non-skip tunes playing through my stereo! :D :D :D

It all took much longer than expected, but, after many repeated trips to the store for little 12 to 77 cent items that I forgot, it's done...finally! :D Now I have a big gaping hole where the stereo used to be so I have to find something to do with it. I'm thinking I'll either put in an OEM stereo to fill the space in the near term and it can eventually be a very convenient panel for any additional controls or switches that I may need in the future.

image-missing.png

so nice and clean......You always see the outside of everyones rig, but never the inside..

Maybe just leave some wires hanging out of that spot. This way the thief will just be like ( I must of already got this one) and move on..

My jeep is so not nice and clean and just under a year old. It has no rugs or mats and instead tons of old mud and sand and scrapes. S omeday I'll get mine Line X'd. We have a place locally that does it. I'd want them to put all my stuff back in though! I do like that Ipod idea, except I don't have one yet. LOL I'm soooooooooooo jealous! Way cool install.

Lady

So what do you think about that secutity console? My dash is also currently empty where the sterio is supposed to go (someone decided to take it off my hands for a little while, but I'll find it!!). Is there a spot in it to mount the head unit, or do you have to fab something for it?

88Wrangles,

That really sucks about your radio. I had mine stolen in January when it was parked at the airport. That was the second break-in in a year...and actually the only two I've had since I've owned the Jeep.

Anyway, I really like the Tuffy. I would always walk away before wondering if my stuff would be okay. Now I don't have to worry about it. It secures my stereo, plus I have more room for other valuables with the substantially larger storage compartment. The stereo security console comes all ready for the stereo...all you have to do is slide your stereo in and reroute your wiring to the console...no fab required.

I'm just having to get used to the location. Out of habit, I keep reaching for the dash when I want to adjust the volume and stuff.

Back