Light Preference?

Roundlights

Any rides in North Arkansas?

Just wanted to get some reviews of auxilary lighting. I am not in a huge need of "super" lighting, just some extra for the hills and the beach.

Also, any feedback ya'll want to throw at me on placement. I am looking to throw 2 on the windshield hinge, 3 on the front end.

Thanks again gang.........

CJ stuff for sale**** Some new items

cheap Tractor lights and then put some 100 watt bulbs in them.

88Wrangles said:
cheap Tractor lights and then put some 100 watt bulbs in them.

Atta boy 88....... I knew there had to be a cheaper way.... being that I have never so much as sat on a tractor it didn't dawn on me...

Thanks for the tip!

Any auto parts stores have those types of lights and are fairly cheap. 100 watt "aircraft" bulbs are usually like $15 or so.

RE: Re: RE: Light Preference?

image-missing.png

Harbor Freight 55W, Daylighter knock-off

12.99 each, they run on sale for 9.99 each

Real decent quality for the price

90Xjay said:
image-missing.png

Harbor Freight 55W, Daylighter knock-off

12.99 each, they run on sale for 9.99 each

Real decent quality for the price

Thanks 90.
Checked them out, only one drawback I can see, they don't come in black. :( (love harbor freight tools, cheapest crap going but if it breaks or you lose it no biggie, buy a new one there!)
There are only three pieces of chrome on my rig, the 2 headlight rings, and the small Harley mirror I have in the drivers door post....... trying to keep it that way! And it does no good to rattle can them either, be scraped off first time out!

Good find though........ thanks for the input :D

i agree with those above me, cheaper lights, that way when they get banged up, you dont feel so bad. and i didnt vote cause you didnt post pictures, and i'm too lazy to look each of those up myself, though, i guess i have a general idea what each looks like.

Roundlights,

Just a thought, you might get those and rub the finish with a gray scotchbrite pad, wipe it down and paint it with some semi-flat black out of a rattle can. Might look good?

I use the harbor frieght lights and highly recomend them. They are great, dont let the price fool you.

RE: OT -- "Store Wars"

I'm all about inexpensive lights. They work great and, like previously mentioned, they don't cause emotional problems when they break.

I have them all!
Kc daylighters on the stinger
Kc slim lights on the windshield frame (not impressed with them)
2 $8 napa tractor lights for back up lights
4 $8 napa tractor lights for chassis lights
1 hella 550 6" light for a spot light on the rear tire carrier.
PIAA fog lights on the frame for regular driving

I am most impressed with the daylighters as a Offroad light. and the PIAA's are great for regular driving. I mounted them verticlally on the side of the frame near where the bumper is, they are up and out of the way, but still provide great light for night driving.

portland. or........can you hear me

Sparky-Watts said:
Square. :twisted:

Oh come on Sparky, you are not square, don't be so hard on yourself! Everybody here thinks your cool! :lol:

Square would go against all I believe in!

So I ended up with ProComp 6" 100 watters... the price was ok and I did not have to run around to find them.

Two 6"'s, covers, split toggle switch w/inline fuse, relays, all connectors & wire plus the two window hinge mounts for the TJ for $91, all in a single stop....... ok so I am lazy!

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's input!

And if anybody has picks of how they wired their windshield hinge lights and would like to share I would appreciate it! I was trying to plan out how I want to wire them in, not really looking forward to tapping holes to do it!

RE: 4Bangers attention!

Sparky had my idea first. Shame I was out of town. I was going to just come here and post:

ROUND

LOL

Lady
P.S. Interesting poll. I have spots for daylighters or fogs or whatever you call them on my warn bumper but I haven't got any yet. I want them though.

Back