life mirrors art, or at least a sit-com

jps4jeep

Super Moderator

The other day, the wife said I have issues about leaving things alone. I suffer from a rare disease which is common among jeepers know as MODIFICATIONISM (ok i made that up) But have you ever knoticed that you have to modify everything. I thought it was cool when I spraypainted my riding mower flat black with yellow flames and a custom beer holder, but when I did it to leaf blower, the wife is worried. I had my motorcycle for not even 8 miles and I was modifying it.
My home theater system, suped-up.
The wifes truck, she don't know it but ya I got my hands on it.
My computer, modified.
My 41 plymouth, Tim Taylored (home improvement)
My Jeep, hell ya you know it!
I even tried to regear a blender once, didn't work but I tried.

What are some odd things you guys and gals have modified?[addsig]

haha... i think its a guy thing.

back before i got my license i had a little scooter. not one of those stupid razor scooters, but the kind with the pneumatic tires and such. i got tired of pushing it around so i got my hands on a chainsaw engine. i tried to get the two to mix, but it didn't work. but i had fun trying! :)

i had my honda CRX that i got for free, and before i even had it street legal, i was changing the intake/exhaust on the thing to make it sound louder. (ok, i admit, i'm a former ricer. flame away :))

i worked at a bicycle shop in town, and i bought a mountain bike that retailed for over $900... and before i even rode the thing, i had swapped out the rims, seat, tires, cranks, etc... (i made it into a trials bike)... over $400 worth of WHOLESALE PARTS ADDED

my computer... HP Brio business computer... slapped a CD burner in it and a RAM / Hard drive upgrade right away.

i know the feeling... isn't it great? :-D

edited by: dingus, Mar 28, 2003 - 09:24 AM[addsig]

Nice to know there's more like us out there. Can't think of something i haven't needed to modify. Hell, i even tailor my clothes. . . sewing's a lot like welding, just uses cloth instead of metal.

As for my Bluebelle, I told my wife, “Promise, baby, I won’t rebuild her, I just can’t afford a new one!” Six months and a frame-off restoration later. . . my lovely bride smiles when she’s bouncing next to me. My '02 Intrepid SXT came with all the trick power goodies but i'm still searching out there for more power tricks. It’s a sickness.

I’ve got a ’67 and a ’68 T ‘bird set living in my three-car garage in the middle of a resto. No doubt very jealous that I’ve turned my attention to Belle. The ’80 Yamadog XS1100 café-modified bike has a Honda faring, Harley rear fender, Suzuki fuel tank (all flat black – too many mad max movies). Haven’t painted the Airens riding mower yet, but I do like that flame idea.

When it's my time for a wheel chair, she'll have either a twin deep cycle 24-volt aircraft battery set-up with a 200 hp motor and 4X4 drive train.

Or a Chevy 350. :-O

blue
[addsig]

oh yes the wheel chair, me and the friends have spent many a lunch discussing how we could soup up a wheelchair. [addsig]

Think of the respect you'll earn in the ward with that 350, stroked, fuelie heads, 3/4 cam, headers and blower. . .

Take your medicine!

Leave me alone!! (Tires squealing . . . :-O
[addsig]

I am not a ford fan at all, but you gotta love the big birds! Had a real nice 65 HD that I built frame up when I was 14, Thats probably why it ran like crap, But after that I have had a bunch of crotch rockets! (can't afford a new HD, I want a night train!) Right Now I have a 2002 954 rr and was thinking of painting it flat black with some sick tribal style flames. already added some real nice "black mods" to it, no chrome. perhaps thats why I love the HD nigh Trains, and not that forest green color![addsig]

Back