Lefted TJ

barlows

Guys,

I've got a TJ with 4" of lift (2" body and 2" coil spacers) and 33x12.50s. I just put the coil spacers in last night, because the 33s were a little big with just the 2" body lift.

I drove it in to work this morning, everything felt fine. I just wanted to be sure if there's anything I need to keep an eye on. Also, do I need to get it aligned?

It sure looks a lot better with 4" than it did with 2". Now I won't be so worried about stuffing those tires into the fender.

TJ's ROCK!!!
Steve

Nope should be good. To check your alignment: when coming to a stop light take foot off the gas and hand off the steering wheel, brake gradually and see if the jeep wanders while braking. If so, you need to get it aligned. Obviously, keep your hand near steering wheel if you need to catch it. This is just a basic method... not guaranteed. But a 2" coil spacer lift isn't gonna mess with it too much.

C

2" on a TJ does more Toe-Out to your fronts than you would think. Mine was about a full inch outta whack when I did it.

I didn't notice anything like that. To be honest, it didn't drive any different than before I put the spacers in. If that's the only thing to watch out for, it looks like I'm in good shape.

Thanks for the quick response,
Steve

Good News

L33TJ33P,

I didn't see your response until I had already replied. I guess I'll get the tape measure out and have a look when I get home.

Thanks for the heads-up,
Steve

Definately get an alignment, any change in suspension lift on a TJ or XJ is going to change the toe-in.

Check the front axle to see if it's centered under the jeep. Look at the jeep from the front and compare the flares position over the front tire on each side. If it's off-center, simply redrill the lower track bar mount slightly to the driver's side.

Unbolt the lower track bar mount, and bounce the front suspension to center the axle. May take a ratchet strap to get the axle perfectly center. Then put the track bar up to the lower mount and determine where to drill.

Oops I said Toe-Out didn't I LOL Sorry it is Toed in. I shade tree aligned mine. to 1/8" toe in worked pretty well and the computers say she is aligned.

Back