Land Runner Body?

RE: extra extra read all about it

I got back to the shop last night about a quarter to 8 and the owner's Jeep Sahara was sitting inside (he had one of the night shift lackey's polishing and waxing it). This thing was....well....strangely awesome! It had a fiberglass body on it and was tricked from one end to the other. The body said "Landrunner" on it. The front end almost looked like a hummer. It's got 33's on some 8 or 9 inch rims with BFG MT's on it, a 3" lift, and pretty much every mod you'd ever want for off-roading. Trouble is, the boss is umm...well....kind of a pretty boy and I seriously doubt he'll ever off-road it. I'm going to hit him up next time I see him about getting a pic or two of it so I can show you.

Anyway, anyone ever heard of this body treatment? Landrunner? Like I said, it looked strangely awesome, but still not sure if I like it or not......

Okay, did some searching and found these pics. Apparently, it's about a $7000 conversion package. Tell me what y'all think:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

More stupid people in Salisbury

Ugly. $9000 could make my jeep, dare I say it... DONE!!!

And why would you want to make the jeep wrangler even wider?

Looks like they are for pretty boys who don't wheel and can't afford a H1, though still a very capable rig! To each his own.

Wranglers aren't that wide to begin with, so making it wider wouldn't hurt it. There are a couple of guys around here that have some 35's on theres and they wheel them pretty damn hard for "pretty boys." I like them, and would put one on my Jeep if I had the extra $9000, but if it came with it, I'd be just as happy.

RE: Mothers Day

I don't really mind the front end but I absolutely hate the look of those large plastic looking front and rear fenders and the big running boards down the sides.

Are those complete bodies? I always thought that kit was just a new front clip and add-on flares.

I kinda like them on big tires, not so much a fan on the littler Jeeps like in the pics above.

Re: RE: faulty clutch slave

if one wants to hide the identity of there Jeep thats there own perogitive. as for me i would take it as an insult to the Jeep... uhh... figure. but it really doesnt look too bad, a little fugly in spots. its good that it makes it wider though

RE: Re: 95 YJ Hardtop for sale in Boregon and possibly hard

It's alright but i dont think the Wrangler fills out the body for a H1. I love the look of the front end but it just doesnt look right on a little wrangler. Just my input

LR

RE: hello

I like the looks of our Jeeps just the way they are. What I could do with that 7 grand!!! Jeep wouldn't look much different (probably a little higher), but she'd be REAL bad!!! Probably look a whole lot muddier and banged up, too.

RE: hello

They have been makin' them for a while now. They were shown at the PAJeep show in York a couple of years ago. As I remember not many folks were checking out the demo vehicle. There was another kit available that was called a Hum-Vee that was all bolt on stuff.

No Thanks, for $7K I can build an decent Jeep Jeep. :)

mike

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I'm full of those so I can spare one:

Don't TJ's have leaf springs on the rear? Or are all 4 corners coils? His has coils on the rear. I was under the impression that only the front were coils on TJ's.......

Re: RE: Re: RE: oil drain plug

Oh, ok. Guess I just never paid that much attention to the back end of a TJ. Always got this sick feeling by looking at the coils on the front and walked away, I guess.

gas cap

jay79cj7 said:
TJs are coils all the way around. You are thinking of XJs.

WHOOOOO!!! XJ!!! Yeah!!!!

image-missing.png

...because he said XJ, and I like those, and... yeah...

I don't really like the look of the Hummer in any of it's forms, I never did like wide cars... Just my thing, I guess, makes the Jeep look not Jeeplike... That's one of the beautiful things about them, they are small, can get into tiny places, and do amazing things in their stock form, the larger vehicles can't hold a prayer compared to where the XJ can go, and the wrangler series is even smaller...

But to each their own, if I had an extra 7 grand laying around, I would find and buy me a YJ, and if I had the cash left over, an MJ as well :D

RE: Mom takes kids for first swim of 2005!

For $7000 I could build my 401 and TF727 the way I want them, and STILL afford an Atlas Tcase to go behind them!

CJ doesn't run right...engine surges

I think the front looks cool, but the sides don't look right to me.

And I agree, you could build a pretty Bad@$$ rig by putting $7 into it...

Re: RE: hello

For $7000, my poor granny could finally get that operation she's been needing....and we could finally start calling her Larry. :shock:

Back