Knockin, knockin...

Pheel

:-? Hi everyone... I just recently purchased a 98 TJ Sahara, and I've noticed a knocking sound sometimes when my wheels slip and if it does it when it slips it will knock when I hit bumps. (I'm 99% sure it'not the muffler). I don't think this is normal but if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

Phil.
image-missing.png

edited by: Pheel, Mar 05, 2003 - 11:41 PM[addsig]

how bout your catalytic converter? try tapping that its very common to rumble/knock...[addsig]

Thanks for the advice... but I checked it out last nite and it wasn't that

Thanks for helping.

Phil[addsig]

Check your control arms...make sure they are all connected and not loose and also check suspension and steering components for looseness/worn out bushings.[addsig]

Could be a broken or loose transmission mount, possible broken shock or mount. The possibilities are almost endless............Bullet[addsig]

is it the differential maybe? you mentioned slippage, and when i spin them in the mud sometimes i get a knock knock knock noise, that my friend ID'd as the diff. i dunno[addsig]

I went to Jay Peak yesterday and it didn't even do it once in the whole trip.
But I'm going to bring it in my griends garage and put it on a lift. I'll check everything u guys suggested to check and I'll keep you posted

thanks for all your help, and I cant wait to be able to help u guys

phil

[addsig]

Hi, I just wanted to keep you guys updated on the knocking sound coming from the trani...

Now on the lift, it was the 4x4 shifter bushing (driver side of trani) and just my luck today, I found the car to be very unstable in turns (The person that replaced my front stabilaiser link. didn't put the nut on the bolt! :-O )

Hope this could help someone! :-D

Can't wait to take off the doors and top!![addsig]

Good luck pheel, ive been searching for the knock in my wrangler for two years now, ive replaced all the mounts on engine and trani, new shocks, everything. it sounds like its coming from the passenger side but i cant pin point it. if you find out what it is let me know :
[addsig]

Just learn to get used to all the little noises ....
Its a jeep love it ...I love all my little noises
and it gives my jeep character......... :-O [addsig]

I found a way to get rid of ALL the Jeep's noises and change it for only one....

I went into a huge puddle of cold water more than once and now my manifold is so cracked it's disconected.

That should do it :lol: !

HAVE FUN WORRY LATER![addsig]

Back