Kinda off subject

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Although this is not my jeep, I spent all last night working on the motor in my hot rod, and she lives. Loud as all hell with only exhaust manifolds but sounds killer, put in a lopey cam for that dragster sound. Here are some pics from a couple weeks ago, check her out!

image-missing.png

Again this is from a couple weeks ago, this just shows the motor better, I will get some more completed pics later today!

here are ones from today.

image-missing.png

That radiator is out of a 57 chevy, hope it can support that 400 SB

That is nice project you got going there jps4jeep.When you are done with it,are you going to show the car or use it for a cruiser?Well anyway,very cool car you got there.

Just say no to show! I build'em, I drive'em. I would not spend the better amount of the past 6 years building something I can't drive. This thing is gonna be all go! It has a nice stance, dropped in the front about 6 inches and 8 in the back. I mini tubed the ass end gonna put some custom made super wide chevy rally steelies on her, and paint her krylon flat black with a decent flame job. The only thing I dressed up on her is the dash. Restored all back to factory!

Thanks for the look sully

Johnny

It was a pontiac 400 small block (really a 398ci) After cam and a very mild bore, You can call it a big block. Running a crank out of a chevy 402 BB with a .20 over bore. probably puts out about 370 hp at the fly wheel most likely 290-300 at the rear tires. Has a P.O.S. powerglide 300 that is only temporary, gotta save some cash for a 700r4! I am gonna add nitro's but it will only be a 25 hp shot. It will defintly go, but it will be in no means as fast as a camaro or stang! (way too heavy)

JOHNNY

good looin motor.... two question, why not in the jeep, why are you goin w/ a 700r4, and not a strong transmission like a 300 or 400....

a 700r4 is a really easy transmission to adapt anything and will work for most applications....

I have a friend who will soon be putting an lt1 backed by a t56 in his 85 Z... we were just talking tonight... he thinks he will never be able to sell his 700r4, he thinks nobody wants them... i'm not sure when he will do it, but soon we hope... are you interested?

V8 Engine Swap for CJ5

It obviously won't be a stock 700r4, I am looking into a jet performance unit. The bellhousing is pretty cheap through napa. The 700r4, will add overdrive which my powerglide 300 2 speed doesn't even come close to having. There is no computer work that will need to be done. I am trying to keep the amount of wires and controlers and computers under the dash and in the vehicle to the bare minimum.

The car was originally three on the tree! I was going to put in a T56 6 spd but to hang the clutch linkage and get every thing to work right was too much of a pain so I said f*&%k it.

Back