Just went wireless

90Xjay

I just got a wireless router today to link the laptop to the desktop pc.
It is neat not being tied to the desktop anymore to be online. I can even go outside under the patio with the laptop and surf Jeepz.com :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, gadgets actually work and make your life easier, rare, but it does happen.

RE: Oil Change

Oh wait til you experience internet away from home. I bring my laptop deerhunting with me at times

90Xjay said:
Sometimes, gadgets actually work and make your life easier, rare, but it does happen.

I agree most definately. I've been wireless now for a couple of months and don't see how I could ever go back.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Why can

90Xjay wrote:

:twisted: What'chu talkin 'bout, Wilice?!?! :twisted:

Regards,

Sometimes actually works, Gadget :wink:

RE: Re: Just went wireless

I'm a network administrator so I get to play with a lot of the new toys we get for work. I finally broke down a few years ago and got DSL. How did I ever live without it!?! Then when I got the wireless router and stored all my ISP info (username/password) my connection actually was faster! I'm going to get one of my older computers up and running in the garage so I can surf for parts there without coming in. That way I might actually finish what I had originally started working on. As it is now I come into the office and start looking for something online and the next thing I know I've been there for hours and never found what I was looking for and I'm not even looking for it anymore!

90Xjay said:
I just got a wireless router today to link the laptop to the desktop pc.
It is neat not being tied to the desktop anymore to be online. I can even go outside under the patio with the laptop and surf Jeepz.com :lol: :lol:

Now you can watch people tear their patios down with their XJ's while you sit in your XJ on the patio!

RE: Should I use this old tire?

I use my laptop all the time to pick up my neighbor(s) wireless connections. It works pretty good, since they seem to leave it on all the time :lol: .

And when I go out of town...I simply drive through the rich people neighborhoods till I get a signal :wink: .

Ya, I'm cheap 8)

Re: RE: Re: RE: I wish I was this cop!

Now you can watch people tear their patios down with their XJ's while you sit in your XJ on the patio!

OK, so I tear down my old patio Jeep style and I'm branded forever.
I'll wear it as a badge of honor! :lol: :lol:

88Wrangles wrote:
And when I go out of town...I simply drive through the rich people neighborhoods till I get a signal .

That might be a way of getting the cops called on you. :oops:
You might just consider parking in front of a hotel that offers Wi-Fi and using their signal instead. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Most hotels have big banners outside now when they have wi-fi spots.

Just a thought.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 15x7 Jeep wheels

Well, neighbors in my neighborhood usually report suspicous or unusual vehicles to the neighborhood.
If cars come on the street that don't usually park here, with people inside, after dark, I mean I am not saying or trying to imply anything about you, but our neighbors look after each other. The other day, one of my next door neighbors called the police after not seeing the elderly widow all day, or her car all day and a man came to her house and kept going in the back yard and back to his truck and leaving. Well it turns out she had hired a painter, and had her car in the garage. Our police dept encourage citizens to report unusual behavior.
For me, a car parked in front of my house, with a person inside, sitting there for a good period of time, would be unusual.

For instance, someone could be in a house robbing it while a look out sits in front.
Also, I know alot of salemen who travel around and pull into a motel parking lot to check email with the motel's Wi-Fi, and I just thought I would suggest that might be easier than cruising an unfamiliar neighborhood looking for a wireless signal.

oh, ok. Even if the police came, it's not like I would be doing something illegal :wink: .

Maybe it's different here in Oregon, but I don't know anyone who would call the police just because an unfamiliar car drove through. And you also don't have to sit right infront of someones house. I usually pick up people's signals from a ways away.

YO I am not wireless nor will I be but your new avitar is the best!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rough Ride

because an unfamiliar car drove through.

No one would call the police because an unfamilar car drove through. I did not know you could drive though a neighborhood without stopping and surf the net off at the same time :lol: :lol:

I just tought it would require sitting in front of a house for a period of time.
I still think using a hotel's wi-fi might be a better choice that is why I brought it up and I am starting to feel sorry i did. :(

90Xjay said:
For me, a car parked in front of my house, with a person inside, sitting there for a good period of time, would be unusual.

I've actually done this, when I get home, but am so caught up in an NPR story / audio book that I just sit in the car for 10 minutes listening. Luckily I live outside DC, where my neighbors wouldn't spit on me if I was on fire, let alone call the cops.

I love Wi-Fi. For some reason though, when I enable mine and get online I get a better signal from the neighbors house across the street. I've learned to shut mine off and just use theirs when I want portability. I'll have to get a booster for mine or move it to a better location.
I've also done the drive by thing. This was in Germany a couple of months back. I was sitting in the passenger seat scanning while we drove around town. Finally found one I could get into and it was a hotel. Most people who know, use encryption (WEP) or limit MAC addresses.
I've never parked in front of someone's house, but yeah I would call the cops if someone was in front of mine sitting there for a period of time.

Yeah,
motels are great for that. plus they actually intend for other people to use their signal for access. My friend travels alot and goes into the hotels lobby, sits on the couch and uses the wi-fi at the hotels, he tries to stop at places he actually stays at from time to time. It sure beats looking for a signal in a neighborhood.

90Xjay said:
...plus they actually intend for other people to use their signal for access....It sure beats looking for a signal in a neighborhood.

Dude, give it up!!!

You obviously completely missed half the stuff I sayed....SO STOP!!

Back