Just Bought my first Jeep

Rudedogg22

I just bought a 93 Rubicon "tombraider" Limited edition. I have a couple questions. Can anyone help?

#1 How do I get the doors off? They have nuts on the bottom of the door hinges. I've never seen this before. I losened the nuts but the doors still wouldn't budge.

#2 Were can I get Some cheap rims, and "winter" tires? I drive it to work on the interstate everyday, and would like some cheap rims and skinnier tires for winter travel. I have the sweet 33's that came on the Jeep, but I don't want to push the snow, and ruin the sweet rims in the salt.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Ah, I would check your VIN. I don't believe the Rubicon package was available in 93. Is it an aftermarket conversion?
That sounds great and we'd like to see some pics of that bad boy. Welcome to Jeepz

:welcome:

probably ment 03... Take the nut off, slide door up and off they come.

as for winter rims and tires. Search for stock wheel sand tires for a Jeep, ford ranger, or explorer. all pretty much the same size, yup it will look goofy, but your nice wheels will stay nice.

Yeah, take the nuts off, shoot a stream of WD40 in the hinges and work 'em up.

That's a great looking package.

Once the nuts are off swing the door back and fourth while lifting up.The first time is real pain.Before putting the doors back on put a little lithium grease,or any water resistant grease,in the hole so it will be easier next time.

Back