junkyard yorks

LGR

I'm head'n out to the junkyard on saturday to search for a york compressor. Its been posted but i couldn't find it...what cars had them in it? Just so i don't have to pop my head in every hood(its a massive junkyard).

Alright i pulled my york outta pink volvo 240. its a 210R, I'm going to assume it still works, when i cut the tubes a small amount of air rushed out. But after I clean it, I wanted to test it..whats the best way to test it before it gets installed?

You're probably gonna have to convert it to a serpentine pulley. If you order the one from www.onboardair.com it comes with a new clutch. If you're gonna try grinding the double v-groove pulley to accept a serpentine belt then you'll be using the clutch which is on it now and you'll need to test it. Just run a wire off your battery to the wire on the York. If I remember correctly, the York needs to be grounded so run a wire from anywhere on the York body to the ground of your jeep. When you apply the power, you should hear a click and the clutch will engauge. It should now be much harder to turn the pulley and the York should suck air as you turn it. When you disengauge the power, the pulley should spin freely. Check out the link to my cardomain site below and it'll show you how to remove the pulley on page 6.

wanna buy a serp pully ? brand new hmmm 75.00

Back