jl rear bumpers

superj

its kind of hard to find a decently priced rear bumper for a jl taht has a spot to put the license plate. it appears alot of companies jumped into making the rear bumpers like the older wrangler bumpers and didn;t put a spot to the mount the plate so you have to jerry rig something up on your own or buy one of those afterthought plate mounts that makes the plate stick past the side of the jeep. or you can always put it on the spare, i suppose.

the wife wants a rear bumper but since she doesn't do anything more than drive to work and back, i cannot get myself to buy a crazy expensive rear bumper. so, the options for one with a proper mount and light built in for your plate is about 1 (at least that i have found).

hooke road makes one that is about 300 bucks.

i sure miss the days when the nice higher end bumpers were 3-500 bucks. paying 1000-1500 for a bumper is just not going to happen from me so jeep modding is few and far between now.

what have yall found, from the jl perspective?

i didn't look in the 500+ range.

i wish the wife would have been fine with the stock bumpers, actually. to bad they fade to pasty grey so quickly, though.

i put that front metal bumper on that she wanted and now i have to put some kind of spacer on the front since we hit the bump stops now. that little bit of weight x distance from the spring sure messed up the front smooth ride

Back