Jeepz.com's Birthday?

mingez

What is it? I was just curious, because we've never celebrated a Jeepz anniversary.

And since the update to the software (when most people lost their post counts) all of the old posts have a date starting in july of 03. I know we've been around a bit longer than that.

Anyone, anyone?

Oldest joined date I could find on the memberlist is 3/18/02 by an old member named "anonymous".

Well, I guess that you could say that Jeepz.com was born on 12/20/99 - or at least that's when I registered it.

If memory serves there was Terry's hole in the net (how very pre dot com...) which became terry's 85 Jeep CJ7, and then went on to Jeepz.com.

It's funny looking at that way back machine. The same articles are still on this site for the last 4 years.

RE: Shackle Reversal

Well, I guess that you could say that Jeepz.com was born on 12/20/99 - or at least that's when I registered it.

Well, then, I guess we got a BIRTHDAY comin' up!!! :D :D How shall we celebrate?

Trying to keep all this axle / gear stuff together...

How perfect is that? A happy birthday Jeepz.com bash. Where is this "Wayback machine" you all speak of?

Good American Company?

mingez said:
How perfect is that? A happy birthday Jeepz.com bash. Where is this "Wayback machine" you all speak of?

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Browse through 30 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other archived pages at as close a date as possible. Keyword searching is not currently supported, but there are some researcher tools that perform similar functions (see the researcher tool section).

It's pretty cool. Check out some of your favorites. I wasted too much time on it yesterday. :lol:

So... how are we going to celebrate this guys and gals?

We need a bash full of chatting, jeepz, and fun! Maybe throw some elves in or a sled? Could be fun! lol

I would say throw in some mistletoe but I would be kind of biased in that satement, a girl surrounded by guys in jeepz. I doubt many of you would show up if the invite said kissing was involved. lol

HA HA, just for fun! :lol:

Seriously, we should do a chat or something!

LJF

RE: Re: RE: Do you heat with firewood?

I am gonna have a beer right now! (ps it is 8:00 am, but I am irish so it is OK)

RE: Regarding the Site...

Door prizes, I think are important. :lol:

and a secret Santa gift sharing :)

We could somehow mix up names and just post what you would get someone if we were all really together.

i.e. we could do either:

Gag gifts... Like getting Mingez a copy of Ann Colter's "How to talk to a liberal (if you must)" Or me a copy of "You're OK, I'm OK" LOL

Or nice or "wanted" ones... get Tug a 95 YJ 4.0L with 20K original miles or BryanJeep a front D60.

The cool part is it could be funny, and have no spending limit since they are just "virtual" gifts hehehe.

OR

maybe I just inhaled too many diesel fumes today.

First of all TC, you made me spit up my water!! And I quote:
Gag gifts... Like getting Mingez a copy of Ann Colter's "How to talk to a liberal (if you must)" Or me a copy of "You're OK, I'm OK" LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG that's funny!

I like the Secret Santa idea!!!

LadyJeepFreak said:
We need a bash full of chatting, jeepz, and fun! Maybe throw some elves in or a sled? Could be fun! lol

I would say throw in some mistletoe but I would be kind of biased in that satement, a girl surrounded by guys in jeepz. I doubt many of you would show up if the invite said kissing was involved. lol

HA HA, just for fun! :lol:

Seriously, we should do a chat or something!

LJF

I agree, a chat! I've been chilling in the chat room whenever I am online, usually between 10:30-1:30 Eastern Daylight Time, with nobody to talk to...

If I lived in all 50 states at once, I'd bake a cake...

Back