Jeepz.com rig of the month

I think two classes, daily driver and weekend warrior, like some one else posted.

have four entries in particular action shots, or gratuidous poses and have it as a poll. the winner of each class gets the rig posted in everyons sig for a month!

dingus said:
if you need a photo editing program, i have photoshop 7 (cracked) available on my server:
http://www.natecovington.com/downloads/photoshop7.zip

I like it. It does sound like it will be alot of work for someone. Keeping track of votes, who voted, posting of nominees, winners, etc. If someone is willing to put the effort into it then great! :D

And if anyone needs a pretty decent FREE photo editing program, I use Irfanveiw. Can download for free here: http://www.irfanview.com/

how many trailer queens does jeepz have?
I guess you could call mine a trailer queen since that's how it gets to the trails. Weekend Warrior may be a better term... it is roadworthy (not necessarilly street legal), it's insured and licensed.

yea... you and who else... to be very honest, we arent a bunch of hardcore wheelers.... hell.. some of of have jeep on 30s that dont even run... :roll:

I may be the minority trailer user then.
Two classes should be good. I wouldn't necesarily call one a "stock" class because most everyone had put some sort of upgrades on their rides.
How about "modified stock" for folks running stock engine, trans and axles. Then a "heavily modified" for folks that have swapped engines, axles, etc..

why not just divide it by tire size?

1. 32's and smaller
2. 33's and bigger

this way most people who have 33's or bigger also have heavily modified drivetrains and other whatnot to accomodate those bigger tires (lifts, etc...)

'02 TJ - P 0442, P0455

This is how it's gonna go;

Class 1. Stock Modified Class

Class 2. Heavy Modified Class

Now get those pics in here!

Nominations have started!

So far Chuggin Sudz is winning with 1 nomination.

great idea.. i can help with the web design/picture sizing... (check my homepage to get an idea of what I can set up). I can arrange a free host (with popups or such since its free) for the site, make it its own page, maybe even find some sort of online voting system... just a thought... Each righ gets a pic, writeup (list of mods, etc) and an ID (no names, keep it anonymous??) anyone can send in their pic, but nobody but the moderators know whos rig it is.... Rig of the month gets its own page, and we build a list of rigs of the month for future generations to enjoy?

I think 3 classes.. stock, modified, heavy modified.

Great idea!! Can we have a grocery getter class?

You know, to keep track of votes, maybe Terry could change that poll on the homepage that has been the same since I've been here. :wink:

I think there should be two classes...modified and best new mod of the month. I think a stock class would be kinda boring since all our jeeps started out as stock at 1 point in time and to see a stock jeep all you have to do is look out your window and wait for one to drive by....I'm sure a lot of you won't agree with me but it's just my opinion. I think you should add a "Stuck Of The Month" picture as well....like JP Magazine has and show the picture on the home page of Jeepz.com.

graewulf said:
great idea.. i can help with the web design/picture sizing... (check my homepage to get an idea of what I can set up). I can arrange a free host (with popups or such since its free) for the site, make it its own page, maybe even find some sort of online voting system... just a thought... Each righ gets a pic, writeup (list of mods, etc) and an ID (no names, keep it anonymous??) anyone can send in their pic, but nobody but the moderators know whos rig it is.... Rig of the month gets its own page, and we build a list of rigs of the month for future generations to enjoy?

I think 3 classes.. stock, modified, heavy modified.

That anonymous thing may not work, alot of us know what each others rigs look like already by a sig pic or seeing them in person. I also think that a stocker is a stocker... how many stock jeeps have we all seen anyway... if you have seen one you have seen them all. The Jeep should be modified in SOME way, even if it's just a custom paint job!

Sully, here's an idea, why don't you start a "nomination post" and have it sticky in the General Chat. Then "unstick it" when the nominations are over. Just an idea.

I think Mingez has a good idea! Or what if you posted the pics below in the first post (have them numbered, and the post as a sticky for a week or so) and have the pool above asking who you'd vote for: 1-4. Might make things easier :wink:

So who is going to post the official rules of this idea? I would like to send a pic but where?

Best Priced Disco's...?

I will make a new topic, everyone post pics of your jeep in there. AND nominate your rigs please!
Been thinking about this and this is how it's going down.

1.ONLY 1 vote per user.
2.CANNOT nominate your own rig.
3.Classes will consist of; 32's and smaller, 33's and bigger.(thanks dingus)
4.There must be at least 10 rigs nominated for each class before we brake down the votes.
5.The previous rig of the month CANNOT be nominated 2 months in a row.

I'll be a trailer queen next weekend for the rock crawl comp, but that's only so I have a definite way of getting it home ;)

Why can't you nominate yourself? How else do you get your own pic out there?

You cant nominate yourself but you can post pics of your jeep in the thread I made.

Stock jeeps may all look the same, but its where you're using it ant the pic that is really geting the vote.. a stock XJ with a tire 3 feet in the air would get some votes I think...

Yea, it really about the jeep and how you use it.I am going to get no votes cause I am gonna put up a poser pic. :D

Back