Jeep Wrangler Crash saftey?

K_K_PSI_GUY

I am really curious as to how safe our Jeeps are when involved in collisions. A friend of mine was involved in a fatal head on collision and his car was destroyed. I mean, I have no idea what kind of car that was after the accident. For some reason it's got me wondering about the safety of our Jeeps. I know that the safety ratings are kind of low just because they are SUV's and natural laws of gravity, but will they crumble like an aluminum can if we hit another car? How strong are the roll bars? Just general questions like that. I am aware of the physical limitations of our Jeeps such as not driving it at high speed and stuff like that. I am just really looking for how our Jeeps respond to crashes. Thanks.[addsig]

Here is how good they hold up to a 75mph roll-over...

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O [addsig]

There's a TJ in the impound yard where I work that launched over a concrete median and then down the left side of an Xterra. The vehicles aren't pretty, but he more or less walked away from it.[addsig]

Insurance institute released this weeK

Wrangler scored Marginal on side impact.

There were only two that scored acceptable.
They had side air bags.....

Obviously they didn't crash a Jeep with,
Rocker panels or Bombproof Nerfs....

Had they, they would have sold their own
car, and Ran to buy a Jeep.[addsig]

yup yup 3/16th inch angle iron rocker panels going to be tug next trail and road safty instalition. Then we will feel a bit safer than most autos on the road. hehehehe tug[addsig]

two of my best friends rolled a YJ on a trail with a 2' lift and walked away with minor bruises. They were coming down a hill that flattened out in a few spots, almost like a set of steps, well when they came down the hill they hit one of the "steps" and he kinda trampolined himself and my buddy and they flipped it down the hill and landed on their wheels, oddly enough. Jeep was pretty banged up, unfortunatly the pics didnt come out. [addsig]

only things that scared me bout jeeps is getting T-boned.... im always watching ppl to make sure they dont run lights, or stop signs[addsig]

Obviously they didn't crash a Jeep with,
Rocker panels or Bombproof Nerfs....

Far Right, just lift it high enough that
their windscreen hits your railroad tie
nerfs, and then you just have to worry
at the TRAIN CROSSING. :lol:

Seriously, if your Rig is safe from Boulders,
Branches, and Hondas,,,, then you're in a JEEP.[addsig]

A good friend of mine is 5'4" , He has a huge blazer, 4"body lift and 4" suspension, I asked him why such a little guy wants such a huge ride, He replied" If some idiot crashes into me I'll just get a flat tire. :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

I see your point. The crashed Jeep does not look too bad. Hey, Saftey can be a good excuse to invest more money on your Jeep. I'll be sure to tell my girlfriend that when it comes time to buy bigger wheels.-Al[addsig]

Back