Jeep Virgin here

You don't need no stinking stereo. Just get some glaspacks and and set of agressive m/t tires and let em sing to you. hehehe Just kidding it is hard to protect annything you put in a Jeep. I am just lucky enough to live in a small town where there is not to much crime of that sort and not have to worry. tug

Just to put perspective I used to work at a stealership I was the person they called when keys were locked in the cars. Most cars take about 5 seconds. Fords I coud do faster than you could do with a key. So this is all keep the honest honest thing. the problem is a jeep is too easy so you just have to keep stuff out of sight.

U bolt plates? ...and attention SOA drivers!

funny thing, i was at a redsox game one night, lost my keys at the stadium. Called a locksmith and he said it would cost 200$ for him to come out and do it. YEAH RIGHT. so i unlocked the door, grabbed my wrench. Took the door off, brought the door to the locksmith myself. He cut me a key in 5 mins and it only cost like 15 bucks. try and do that in any other car.....

Tutorial - How to post images

For security I got one of those Tuffy stereo security consoles. They cost about 200 bucks, so its not cheap, but I decided I needed a console anyway. I live in a descent area but friends have spotted people in my CJ (just sitting????) and people seem to think its a garbage can when the top and doors are off. I am always finding McDonald's cups and stuff. I figure I am not too far away from something walking off, so I invested. Anyway, the thing is real sturdy, and theives can't even see the radio when its closed. If somebody gets into this, then I figure they earned it.

Anyone have any pics of a CJ painted silver?

That is the brand name Tuffy? Should be able to find it at most stereo shops?

Online is your best bet. I have had an Alpine cd player for a couple of months,and I have had not porblems with it. I take the face off every time I go to a store or whatever and simply locl it up in my center console. Thre is also the "add a trunk" deal that creates a small trunk area in the rear of your Jeep. That comes in pretty handy. Most people will not mes with your Jeep. You'll get all sorts of compliments whn you drive a Jeep (especially from girls) . That is not always good, especially when you have your girlfriend in the passengers seat. hehe. Once you start driving a Jeep, everything is diferent. You will inevitably size up hills and mud holes and all sorts of things. You will learn one saying that explains it all .. "It's a Jeep thing, you would'nt understand" . You will find yourself using that phrase very often, or at least I do. Go ahead and get a 6 cyl. It is a good motor, and you will already be closer to the specs needed for your V8 transformation.-al

BostonJeep said:
Called a locksmith and he said it would cost 200$ for him to come out and do it. YEAH RIGHT. so i unlocked the door, grabbed my wrench. Took the door off, brought the door to the locksmith myself. He cut me a key in 5 mins and it only cost like 15 bucks. try and do that in any other car.....

TOO FUNNY i'm speachless!!!!

Tuffy is the brand name and you can find them at several places online. I looked around a while and found that there was a place on ebay selling new ones for the cheapest. I think most places were 220-250 and this was about 200. They have several different models, some for stereos/CBs and some that are just a locking console without the stereo slot. They also come in different widths, so make sure you measure first and don't get one that won't fit between your seat belts. It seems very secure, has a good arm rest, and I like the position of the radio.

Too much on rear differential?

OK here is another question. I have recently Seen a '92 wrangler with the 6 cyl like I want and it is pretty inexpensive. Now what I need to know, and I just need a ballpark figure how much would you say it would cost to add the bigger tires and suspension lift. I know prices vary but I was wondering if I should wait to get one with all that on it already, or is part of the fun watching the transformation?

jeeps are built not bought! heh. you can get a good lift for 350$.. or you could spent 1000... depends on what you're looking for. but if it was me, i'd want to do it myself.

CJ - Turn signals on the grill,leaf springs,round head lights :D

YJ - Turn signals on the grill,leaf springs,square headlights

TJ - Turn signals on the fenders and flares.Coil springs

ok next question. I belive I am leaning towards the CJ7 and wanted to know is it possible to instal a fuel injection system to and if it is how much is it, and is it worth the trouble?

My 93' 4.0 XJ had 118,??? miles on it, and i never had engine problems, except for starting problems which were easily fixed...my tj has 58k on it, and it still runs great.

Back