Jeep racing

Jeepster05

I was on my way home from work tonight and my friend who owns a 88 4runner on 33's pulls up next to me. He starts reving his little bitty 4 banger which he has rigged to sound like a ricer with one of those coffee can exhaust things. So I got on it and killed him to the next stop light where he went around me and pulled up next to a nice new tj on what looked like 32in MT/R's and a 4 in lift and started reving again. This jeep opened up like nobody's business and killed the runner. :lol: :lol: I watched from a front row seat and was so proud of my fellow jeeper. as soon as we got to my house I started ripping on him about getting killed by two jeeps in the same night. haha. I'd like to hear about some of your on road stories for a change, not that I like on road but Jeeps are awesome on and off pavent am I right??[addsig]

I had a friend of mine come to a red light in a jeep today.. he was in a 2.5 tj... needless to say, he was looking at my spare in a matter of seconds[addsig]

There is this Kid in my town, probably about 19 yrs old, he has this white 94 or 95 Grand Cherokee, The kid had riced it out! It has a flowmaster muffler and this 6 inch diameter exhaust tip, 17 inch rims off of a 300M (they wil fit any jeep) With low profile tires. Pulls up next to me and starts revving the hell out of his poor 4.0. So I waited for the light to turn and dropped the hammer. He won for about the first 10 feet, but as soon as I got traction, squeeled second right past him. The old man brought the kid to school that day!! (OK I am only 25 but in dog years I am his grand father) The kid won't pull up to anything anymore unless it is a nissan sentra or a 84 chevett![addsig]

i stomped both of my friends S-10's and my mom in her explorer lol. got suprised by and wasted by a mom and her 3 children in a chevy venture. just sittin there at a light and the next thing i know shes burnin the tires roarin off down the road. needless to say i was stunned.[addsig]

I'll tell ya theres some kind of conspiracy where they put so much horse power in vans. When i drive my dads it smokes everything. whats up with that??/[addsig]

so true jeepster, when my friend drives his moms town and country he can smoke the tries straight line. i think they give them that kinda power so the soccer moms can do hardcore high speed traffic weaving to get their children to practice on time. the other thing with vans is they're the last car you'd expect to race you so maybe the just seem faster than they actually are. hmmmm :roll: [addsig]

Was sitting in the local watering hole listening to this guy go on about his hot rod Honda and how he was gods gift to rally drivers. Finally got tired and said lets see some money. He said OK $50 bucks, I said your stakes, my course. He finally asked what are you driving, I said a Jeep, him and his buddies laughed.
There is a road (dirt) up the side of a hill outside of the village, about a mile long, half dozen S turns. We drove up to look at the course, he said all right. On the way down, I was last out and opened up a few cattle gates :-D
Got to the bottom, and said first one to the top wins. I even let him go first, one lane road, he looked at me kinda strange.
The course was only about 400 yards the way I drove it. Guy argued for most of an hour, but finally paid up. :lol: [addsig]

My friend owns a Ford Explorer Eddie Bouer Series and he is always bragging about how it is so much more "powerful" than my TJ. Well, one night, he pulls up to me at a red light with his girlfriend riding shotgun. He revs his engin and looks at me. I look at him, wait for the light to turn green and then embarressed him.

He then follows me to a parking lot where there are tons of snow piles. I start driving over some and he follows...pile for pile. Well, after a few mounds, his fog lights fall off, so he pulls over. He says that his "powerful" Ford Explorer Eddie Bouer Series is stuck in 4 wheel drive, his fog lights are lost in some snow pile and his undercaragge looks like a chalkboard in kindergarden.

Bottom line: S.U.V. should stand for SUBURBAN Utility Vehicle because they cant handle anything except the paved roads of the suburbs. :p [addsig]

Jeeps kick a** and thats all there is to it. Everyone else that is jealous and wants one just have to get over it that jeeps ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: [addsig]

Jeeps kick a** and thats all there is to it. Everyone else that is jealous and wants one just have to get over it that jeeps ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: [addsig]

Jeepmaster, if I was in the territory, I´d give you the same deal, I gave the Honda driver (you name the stakes, I pick the course). Don´t get me wrong, I like my YJ (good for slipping through the trees). But in thick mud up to 10" or so, or soup up to about 18" or so. Equally outfitted cj or yj just can´t catch a XJ(with comparable tires and lockers). The time the short wheel base spends doing the rumba, the longer wheelbase puts into straight ahead motion.
As starter for the local Mud Races for a decade, I´ve watched at least 5000 runs, I´m not talking out of my muffler.
The balance of the XJ, pretty much 50-50 front to rear and the longer wheelbase, makes for a much more stable platform. You spend alot more of your time going straight ahead, instead of side to side. :p [addsig]

hahah no way you race dirty! literally :lol: i only called my XJ an SUV cause the cherokees are the closest thing jeep makes to the common day SUV.(im assuming it was that comment that made you challenge me to a race?) oh and on that topic, i was watching a jeep commercial yesterday evening and they called all of them SUV's, somehting like "blah blah this summer with our hard hitting line of SUV's, like the sporty wrangler, the powerful grand cherokee, or the unstoppable liberty." and it was a regional jeep thing, not just like a crappy little local dealer commercial it was like a jeep advertisement for jeep month or something.[addsig]

My registration calls my XJ a station wagon, I guess there is worse things than SUV.

From your comment, I was thinking you were a bob tail purest and I rarley miss The chance, to mess with some, CJ, YJ or TJ driver that´s a Zealot. ;-) [addsig]

i dont know what a bob tail purist is? but perhaps one day, when i get my nitrous lol just kidding, we can do that race. where do you live again? i remember some where in canada?[addsig]

I´m living in central Germany right now. I´ve got people in Virginia, Florida, Indiana and alot on the Arizona, California, Mexico border.
Bob tail, is a short wheelbase Jeep, don´t hear the term much anymore.
Grew up in the South west, where a run to the store was 60 miles (one way), guess I´ve got racing in the blood.
Since I´ve been in Germany (and some time in the orient), I got interested in Mud. Pretty much the same driving skills required, at high speed desert driving, slower speed mud driving and road racing. Try and keep it going in a straight line, without loosing control or sliding out on the curves.
Guess it´s a left over militarty skill, it´s always nice to have them shoot, where you where, not where you are or where your going to be. Best way to avoid getting shot is to hide real good or run like a jack rabbit. Some things a person just never unlearns.
The main difference between the YJ and the XJ, is like the difference between a carpenters hammer and a ball peen. They can be used interchangably, but they both work best in specialitzed applications. :-D [addsig]

i dont know why i thought canada, obviously you've got a jeep, do you have anything high speed for the autobahn? as much as i love the mud ive always wanted to drive the autobahn in fine German automobile at high speeds. we went there for a school trip type thing over the summer and rode in a buss on the autobahn. not quite the same experience, but it was thrilling to watch BMW's and Porches rocket by in the far lanes.[addsig]

Back