Is anyone doing major drive train swaps.

jeepinstien

I'm in the middle of swapping in an LT1 to replace a worn out 4.0. Just wondering if anyone is doing the same. [addsig]

What year LT1? Is it out of a F-body? Make sure you got the entire computer and all the sensors, and I mean all!! Did an engine swap on my hot rod, man was that a b!tch.

Johnny[addsig]

Motor is out of a 93 camaro. Howell engine development has the computer and harness. It's all plug and play. [addsig]

Lucky dog. I wish I did it that way, I used painless plug and play, more play than plug! But I also had to convert the entire car from 6 volts to 12 volts which was even worse!![addsig]

Nice take some picks and show us....What are you doing with the rest ogf the 4.0 ???

1991 with 193,000 miles. Ilive outside of New Orleans,LA. Make offer.

WOW.... I wish I had the money to buy an LT1, let alone the money to swap one in... PLEASE take pictures along your project... AND.... I would suggest getting the computer from a 94 camaro rather than the 93... the 93 camaro was the opening year for camaro LT1's... the computer was still in trial, the 94 computer is much more stable and modifiable

It's been a long slow project. been in the planning stages for about 5 years and been collecting parts for the last 2 years.

I was just thinking again tonight... you are one fortunate person to have the means to do that.... remember that... haha...

I love the LT1... for curious reasons... is it modded up at all?

I'm going to leave it stock for now "300hp". After all the bugs are worked out I'll stroke it up to a 383. Can't wait to finish so I can plan the next adventure (portal axels).No pain no gain. Sawzall and welding machine you can rule the world. One of these days I'll buy a scanner and post some pics.

Need the scanner to post before pics. If you buy my worn out parts I can buy both. :lol:

How's 450 sound for the motor and trans? I'll throw in the harness and computer later.

Back