iPod / audio input install?

Dawgvet06

Anyone out there added or hooked up an aftermarket audio input for an iPod to their Jeep? I've got an 01 TJ with a stock stereo. Seems like an easy afternoon project that I'd be willing to tackle. I have basic electronic skills. Just looking for any tips from anyone who's done this before.

Many thanks,
Jimbodean

Terry,
I have installed a Sony CDXM 10 marine grade stereo. It comes with a wired remote like theone at the following link. It works great and can be installed anywhere where is convenient and not have to worry about loosing it or flying around when driving. The wires are about 6 feet long so you can rout it anywhere you will like it.
Sony RM-X11M - Wired Marine Boat Remote Control NEW! | eBay
Hope this helps.

I was considering the USA Spec, but at over $100, I have decided it is better to just buy a new radio. At about the same price, maybe slightly higher, you get bluetooth, Aux input and USB input. And it is better quality and higher wattage than the stock radio. Was considering the JVC Arsenal KD-A735BT....but not sure yet. I am open to recommendations.

USB with ipod controlls is waaayyy better than the USA Spec. I wouldn't invest money in a stereo / workaround that didn't put ipod controls on the radio.

if you want a direct match and be ipod compatible. go to crutchfield.com. they have painless plug-in connectors for almost any vehicle or you can build a system that will rock you wrangler.

Back